- Serum concentrations of beta-carotene and alpha-tocopherol are associated with diet, smoking, and general and central adiposityP Wallström
Department of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 73:777-85. 2001..Previous studies of associations between diet, obesity, and blood concentrations of alpha-tocopherol and beta-carotene have been equivocal. Furthermore, most studies used only body mass index (BMI) as an obesity measure...
- Fruit and vegetable consumption in relation to risk factors for cancer: a report from the Malmö Diet and Cancer StudyP Wallström
Department of Medicine, Lund University, Malmo University Hospital, SE 205 02, Malmo, Sweden
Public Health Nutr 3:263-71. 2000..To examine the associations between the consumption of fruit and vegetables and other markers of cancer risk...
- Food patterns, inflammation markers and incidence of cardiovascular disease: the Malmö Diet and Cancer studyJ Hlebowicz
Center for Emergency and Clinical Science, Department of Cardiology Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Intern Med 270:365-76. 2011..To examine the associations between food patterns constructed using cluster analysis and markers of systemic and vascular inflammation, and incident cardiovascular disease (CVD) after 13 years of follow-up...
- A prospective Swedish study on body size, body composition, diabetes, and prostate cancer riskP Wallström
Nutrition Epidemiology Research Group, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Br J Cancer 100:1799-805. 2009..General adiposity, expressed as BMI or body fat percentage, and prevalent diabetes were not associated with PCa risk. In this study, WHR and body height were stronger PCa predictors than general adiposity...
- Dietary habits after myocardial infarction - results from a cross-sectional studyP Wallström
Department of Community Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Intern Med 257:329-37. 2005..Design. Cross-sectional study. Subjects. Men and women (525 cases and 1890 matched controls), aged 47-73 years, of the population-based Malmö Diet and Cancer cohort...