Affiliation: Wallenberg Neuroscience Center
- [High time to test hypothermia in the treatment of stroke]T Wieloch
Laboratoriet för experimentell hjärnforskning, Wallenberg Neurocentrum, Universitetssjukhuset i Lund
Lakartidningen 98:2172-5. 2001....
- Changes in the extracellular levels of glutamate and aspartate during ischemia and hypoglycemia. Effects of hypothermiaF Boris-Möller
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
Exp Brain Res 121:277-84. 1998....
- The rotating pole test: evaluation of its effectiveness in assessing functional motor deficits following experimental head injury in the ratG J Mattiasson
Division of Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
J Neurosci Methods 95:75-82. 2000....
- Activation of p53 and its target genes p21(WAF1/Cip1) and PAG608/Wig-1 in ischemic preconditioningG Tomasevic
Division of Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 70:304-13. 1999....
- The effect of 4 beta-phorbol-12,13-dibutyrate and staurosporine on the extracellular glutamate levels during ischemia in the rat striatumF Boris-Möller
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund, Sweden
Mol Chem Neuropathol 35:133-47. 1998....
- The effect of hypothermia on the expression of neurotrophin mRNA in the hippocampus following transient cerebral ischemia in the ratF Boris-Möller
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, S 22185, Lund, Sweden
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 63:163-73. 1998..In contrast, hypothermia induces neurotrophin mRNA alterations in the ischemia-resistant dentate gyrus that may convey protection to sensitive regions...
- Changes in proliferating cell nuclear antigen, a protein involved in DNA repair, in vulnerable hippocampal neurons following global cerebral ischemiaG Tomasevic
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, S 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 60:168-76. 1998..Impaired DNA repair may play a role in the development of postischemic neuronal damage...
- Gene deletion of cystatin C aggravates brain damage following focal ischemia but mitigates the neuronal injury after global ischemia in the mouseT Olsson
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University, BMC A13, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Neuroscience 128:65-71. 2004..In contrast, brain damage after global ischemia was diminished in cystatin C knockout mice, suggesting that cystatin C has an aggravating effect on selective neuronal damage after global ischemia...
- Plasma fibronectin supports neuronal survival and reduces brain injury following transient focal cerebral ischemia but is not essential for skin-wound healing and hemostasisT Sakai
Department of Experimental Pathology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Nat Med 7:324-30. 2001..Here we show that pFn-deficient mice show increased neuronal apoptosis and larger infarction areas following transient focal cerebral ischemia. However, pFn is dispensable for skin-wound healing and hemostasis...
- Neuroprotective and behavioral efficacy of nerve growth factor-transfected hippocampal progenitor cell transplants after experimental traumatic brain injuryM F Philips
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Philadelphia, USA
J Neurosurg 94:765-74. 2001....