Genomes and Genes
Jonas Von Hofsten
- Zebrafish sex determination and differentiation: involvement of FTZ-F1 genesJonas Von Hofsten
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:63. 2005..The role of FTZ-F1 and other candidates for zebrafish sex determination and differentiation is in focus of this review...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a nuclear androgen receptor activated by 11-ketotestosteronePer Erik Olsson
Department of Natural Science, Unit of Molecular Biology, Orebro University, SE 701 82 Orebro, Sweden
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:37. 2005..These findings demonstrate the presence of a receptor preferentially activated by 11-ketotestosterone in the three-spined stickleback, so far the only one known in any animal...
- Fushi tarazu factor-1 mRNA and protein is expressed in steroidogenic and cholesterol metabolising tissues during different life stages in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus)Jonas Von Hofsten
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 132:96-102. 2003..Thus, a division of NR5A into SF-1 (NR5A1) and FTF (NR5A2) specific functions does not appear to have occurred in teleosts...
- Expression and regulation of fushi tarazu factor-1 and steroidogenic genes during reproduction in Arctic char (Salvelinus alpinus)Jonas Von Hofsten
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Sweden
Biol Reprod 67:1297-304. 2002..Although these results indicate conserved steroidogenic functions for FTZ-F1 among vertebrates, they also raise the question of additional roles for FTZ-F1 in teleosts...
- Six1 regulates proliferation of Pax7-positive muscle progenitors in zebrafishHanna Nord
Umeå Center for Molecular Medicine, UCMM, Umea University, 901 87 Umea, Sweden
J Cell Sci 126:1868-80. 2013....
- Visualisation of zebrafish infection by GFP-labelled Vibrio anguillarumRonan O'Toole
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Microb Pathog 37:41-6. 2004..In conclusion, the zebrafish infection model provides evidence that the intestine and skin represent sites of infection by V. anguillarum and suggests a host site where chemotaxis may function in virulence...
- Differential regulation of myosin heavy chains defines new muscle domains in zebrafishHanna Nord
Umeå Centre for Molecular Medicine, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Mol Biol Cell 25:1384-95. 2014..2. In summary, we identify new muscle domains along the anteroposterior axis in the zebrafish that are defined by individual nonoverlapping, differentially regulated expression of myosin heavy chain isoforms. ..
- Prdm1- and Sox6-mediated transcriptional repression specifies muscle fibre type in the zebrafish embryoJonas Von Hofsten
MRC Centre for Developmental and Biomedical Genetics, University of Sheffield, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
EMBO Rep 9:683-9. 2008..Thus, Prdm1 promotes slow-twitch fibre differentiation by acting as a global repressor of fast-fibre-specific genes, as well as by abrogating the repression of slow-fibre-specific genes...
- P53 mediated regulation of metallothionein transcription in breast cancer cellsElena A Ostrakhovitch
Department of Pathology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5C1, Canada
J Cell Biochem 102:1571-83. 2007..On the contrary, MRE activity remained unaltered in MDD2 cells with inactive p53. The above results demonstrate that activation of p53 is an important factor in metal regulation of MT...