Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Social phobia and avoidant personality disorder as related to parental history of social anxiety: a general population studyM Tillfors
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Behav Res Ther 39:289-98. 2001..Thus, having an affected family member is associated with a two- to three-fold risk increase for both social phobia and APD...
- Cerebral blood flow in subjects with social phobia during stressful speaking tasks: a PET studyM Tillfors
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University PET Center, SE 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Psychiatry 158:1220-6. 2001..The central nervous system representation of social phobia (social anxiety disorder) is largely unknown. The aim of this study was to examine brain activity during symptom provocation in social phobics...
- Social phobia in the general population: prevalence and sociodemographic profileT Furmark
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Box 1225, SE 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 34:416-24. 1999..The present study examined the prevalence of social phobia in the Swedish general population and demographic characteristics associated with this anxiety disorder...
- Personality traits in social phobiaI Marteinsdottir
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 16:143-50. 2001..Generally, the results support the view that social phobia and avoidant personality disorder reflect different aspects of a social anxiety spectrum...
- Regional cerebral blood flow during tinnitus: a PET case study with lidocaine and auditory stimulationG Andersson
Department of Audiology, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 120:967-72. 2000..Tinnitus perception may involve areas related to auditory attention, while emotional processing relates to temporofrontal paralimbic areas...