Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Mosaic structure of intragenic repetitive elements in histone H1-like protein Hc2 varies within serovars of Chlamydia trachomatisMarkus Klint
Department of Clinical Microbiology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Microbiol 10:81. 2010..A more complex structure was seen in this study when sequences from 378 specimens covering the hctB gene, which encodes Hc2, were compared...
- SPRIT: Identifying horizontal gene transfer in rooted phylogenetic treesTobias Hill
Department of Neuroscience, Biomedical Centre, Uppsala University, Box 593, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 10:42. 2010..A number of heuristic and two exact approaches to identifying the minimum number of RSPRs have been proposed. This is the first implementation delivering an exact solution as well as the intermediate trees connecting the input trees...
- Ribbon worm relationships: a phylogeny of the phylum NemerteaMikael Thollesson
Systematic Biology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, DC 20560 0163, USA
Proc Biol Sci 270:407-15. 2003..Finally, Pilidiophora and Hoplonemertea (with Malacobdella) form a monophyletic group, and we introduce the name Neonemertea to refer to this group. Palaeonemertea is found to be non-monophyletic and basal among nemerteans...
- LDDist: a Perl module for calculating LogDet pair-wise distances for protein and nucleotide sequencesMikael Thollesson
Department of Molecular Evolution, Evolutionary Biology Centre and Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18C, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Bioinformatics 20:416-8. 2004..The assignment to rate categories in lieu of a phylogeny can be done using Shannon-Wiener index as a crude token for relative rate...
- Bilaterian phylogeny based on analyses of a region of the sodium-potassium ATPase beta-subunit geneFrank E Anderson
Laboratory of Molecular Systematics, Smithsonian Institution, Museum Support Center, 4210 Silver Hill Road, Suitland, MD 20746, USA
J Mol Evol 58:252-68. 2004..Overall, the sodium-potassium ATPase alpha-subunit gene appears to be useful for deep-level studies of metazoan phylogeny...
- Functional divergence and horizontal transfer of type IV secretion systemsA Carolin Frank
Department of Molecular Evolution, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, 752 36, Sweden
Mol Biol Evol 22:1325-36. 2005..We suggest that it is the transfer between species that paved the way for the divergence of the TFSSs and discuss the general role of horizontal gene transfers for the evolution of novel gene functions...
- Origin and evolution of the mitochondrial aminoacyl-tRNA synthetasesBjörn Brindefalk
Department of Molecular Evolution, Evolutionary Biology Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Biol Evol 24:743-56. 2007....
- Diversifying selection and concerted evolution of a type IV secretion system in BartonellaBjorn Nystedt
Department of Molecular Evolution, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Biol Evol 25:287-300. 2008..We suggest that the pilus proteins have evolved by diversifying selection to match a divergent set of erythrocyte surface structures, consistent with the trench warfare coevolutionary model...
- Phylogenetic relationships and genotyping of the genus Streptococcus by sequence determination of the RNase P RNA gene, rnpBJenny Täpp
Department of Clinical Microbiology, University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 53:1861-71. 2003..It can be concluded that the rnpB gene is suitable for phylogenetic analysis of closely related taxa and has potential as a tool for species discrimination...
- Phylogenetic relationships and species differentiation of 39 Legionella species by sequence determination of the RNase P RNA gene rnpBCarl-Johan Rubin
Department of Clinical Microbiology, University Hospital, SE-751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 55:2039-49. 2005..It is concluded that rnpB is suitable for use in phylogenetic studies of closely related species and that it exhibits the potential to discriminate between Legionella species...