Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Long-term results of surgery for small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors at a tertiary referral centerOlov Norlén
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 36:1419-31. 2012..Our aim was to identify prognostic factors for survival and to evaluate outcome after surgery in SI-NET patients...
- In situ RNA-RNA hybridisation of phospholipase C beta 3 shows lack of expression in neuroendocrine tumoursPeter Stalberg
Department of Surgical Sciences, University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Anticancer Res 23:2227-32. 2003....
- Surgical treatment of Graves' disease: evidence-based approachPeter Stalberg
Endocrine Surgical Unit, Department of Surgery, University Hospital, 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 32:1269-77. 2008..than RAI or long-term antithyroid medication? (2) What is the recommended surgical approach? (3) How does the presence of Graves' ophthalmopathy (GO) influence the role of surgery? (4) What is the role of surgery in children with GD?..
- Transfection of the multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 gene to a human endocrine pancreatic tumor cell line inhibits cell growth and affects expression of JunD, delta-like protein 1/preadipocyte factor-1, proliferating cell nuclear antigen, and QM/Jif-1Peter Stalberg
Departments of Surgical Sciences, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2326-37. 2004....
- Accelerated proliferation and differential global gene expression in pancreatic islets of five-week-old heterozygous Men1 mice: Men1 is a haploinsufficient suppressorMargareta H Lejonklou
Department of Medical Sciences, Science for Life Laboratory, Uppsala University, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Endocrinology 153:2588-98. 2012....
- Different gene expression profiles in metastasizing midgut carcinoid tumorsKatarina Edfeldt
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:479-89. 2011..This study reveals differences in gene expression profiles and novel genes that may be of importance in midgut carcinoid tumor progression...
- 11C-5-hydroxytryptophan positron emission tomography after radiofrequency ablation of neuroendocrine tumor liver metastasesOlov Norlén
Department of Surgery, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Nucl Med Biol 39:883-90. 2012..The aim was to assess the feasibility of (11)C-5-hydroxy-tryptophan positron emission tomography ((11)C-5-HTP-PET) in the follow-up after radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of liver metastases from neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)...
- Surgical management of pancreatico-duodenal tumors in multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome type 1Goran Akerstrom
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:173-8. 2012..This strategy, with early and aggressive surgery before metastases have developed, is believed to reduce the risks for tumor recurrence and malignant progression...
- Surgery and radiofrequency ablation for treatment of liver metastases from midgut and foregut carcinoids and endocrine pancreatic tumorsJohn Eriksson
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 32:930-8. 2008..However, it is not clear whether such therapy will provide symptom reduction or increased survival...
- Prophylactic cholecystectomy in midgut carcinoid patientsOlov Norlén
Department of Surgery, Uppsala University, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 34:1361-7. 2010..Prophylactic cholecystectomy has been advocated, but data to support this recommendation are sparse. We have analyzed a cohort of 235 patients with MGC focusing on the risk for gallstone formation and complications thereof...
- Metastases from neuroendocrine tumors to the breast are more common than previously thought. A diagnostic pitfall?Joakim Crona
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 37:1701-6. 2013..Metastases from neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) to the breast have been described as a rare phenomenon. Presentation, imaging results, and cytopathologic findings of these tumours may closely mimic those of a mammary carcinoma...
- Surgical management of MEN-1 and -2: state of the artGoran Akerstrom
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Uppsala, 751 85 Sweden
Surg Clin North Am 89:1047-68. 2009..Prophylactic thyroidectomy based on DNA testing in the MEN-2 syndrome is considered one of the greater achievements in cancer treatment, because it may be performed before thyroid carcinoma development and provides cure for the patient...
- High success rate of parathyroid reoperation may be achieved with improved localization diagnosisOla Hessman
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Swede
World J Surg 32:774-81; discussion 782-3. 2008..We report the use of consistently applied localization diagnosis to yield high success rates in parathyroid reoperations...
- Neurogenin 3 and neurogenic differentiation 1 are retained in the cytoplasm of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 islet and pancreatic endocrine tumor cellsMargareta H Lejonklou
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Pancreas 38:259-66. 2009....
- Management of Grave's disease is improved by total thyroidectomyMaria Annerbo
Department of Surgical Sciences, Uppsala University, 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 36:1943-6. 2012..The principal aim of this study was to evaluate the risk for recurrence and complications when changing the surgical method from subtotal (ST) to total thyroidectomy (TT)...
- Prognostic relevance of survivin in pancreatic endocrine tumorsSara Ekeblad
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 36:1411-8. 2012..The prognostic relevance of nuclear and cytoplasmic survivin expression in pancreatic endocrine tumors-controlled for the tumor Ki-67 index, World Health Organization classification, and TNM stage-was investigated...
- Differentially regulated genes in MEN1-transfected BON cells using RT-differential display and oligonucleotide microarraysJuan R Lopez-Egido
Department of Medical Sciences, University Hospital, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Anticancer Res 29:1859-66. 2009..Apart from inactivation of the MEN1 gene, the molecular mechanisms involved in tumorigenesis of the endocrine organs and MEN1-associated non-endocrine lesions remain unknown...
- Stenting of the superior mesenteric vein in midgut carcinoid disease with large mesenteric massesPer Hellman
Department of Surgery, University of Uppsala, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 34:1373-9. 2010..These symptoms include severe abdominal pain, attacks of diarrhea, and malnutrition...
- Co-expression of ghrelin and its receptor in pancreatic endocrine tumoursSara Ekeblad
Department of Medical Sciences, University Hospitals, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:115-22. 2007....
- Familial parathyroid tumors: diagnosis and managementPeter Stalberg
Department of Surgery, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
World J Surg 33:2234-43. 2009..However, based on the molecular genetic studies and case series from institutions with significant experience, important management principles (grade C recommendations) have been developed...
- Recognizing genes differentially regulated in vitro by the multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1) gene, using RNA interference and oligonucleotide microarraysPeter Stalberg
Department of Surgical Sciences, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Surgery 140:921-9; discussion 929-31. 2006..Data on downstream effects of MEN1 gene inactivation is scarce. In an effort to identify genes regulated by MEN1, we designed a silencing experiment in a human endocrine pancreatic tumor cell line (BON1)...