Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Functional changes in adipose tissue in a randomised controlled trial of physical activityPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Solna Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Lipids Health Dis 11:80. 2012..Lifestyle changes such as increased physical activity improve a range of cardiometabolic risk factors. The objective of this study was to examine whether functional changes in adipose tissue were related to these improvements...
- Simple advice on lifestyle habits and long-term changes in biomarkers of inflammation and vascular adhesion in healthy middle-aged menP Sjogren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:1450-6. 2010..We investigated whether simple advice on dietary and exercise habits given (at a single time point) to hypercholesterolemic men affects circulating biomarkers of inflammation and vascular adhesion...
- High plasma concentrations of autoantibodies against native peptide 210 of apoB-100 are related to less coronary atherosclerosis and lower risk of myocardial infarctionPer Sjogren
Department of Medicine, Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Solna Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Heart J 29:2218-26. 2008..We examined whether antibodies against peptides 45 and 210 of apoB-100 are related to myocardial infarction (MI) and severity of coronary atherosclerosis...
- Mediterranean and carbohydrate-restricted diets and mortality among elderly men: a cohort study in SwedenPer SjÃ¶gren
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Section of Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 92:967-74. 2010..Comparative studies on dietary patterns and long-term mortality are sparse...
- Fatty acid desaturases in human adipose tissue: relationships between gene expression, desaturation indexes and insulin resistanceP Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Diabetologia 51:328-35. 2008..However, the role of desaturase activity in adipose tissue is uncertain. We therefore evaluated relationships between adipose mRNA expression, estimated desaturase activities (fatty acid ratios) in adipose tissue and insulin resistance...
- Adipose tissue fatty acids and insulin sensitivity in elderly menD Iggman
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Diabetologia 53:850-7. 2010..We aimed to determine the association between adipose tissue fatty acids and insulin sensitivity in elderly Swedish men...
- Biomarkers of milk fat and the risk of myocardial infarction in men and women: a prospective, matched case-control studyEva Warensjo
Department of Public Health, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 92:194-202. 2010..High intakes of saturated fat have been associated with cardiovascular disease, and milk fat is rich in saturated fat...
- Autoantibodies against modified apolipoprotein B-100 in relation to low-density lipoprotein size and the metabolic syndrome in otherwise healthy menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Metabolism 57:362-6. 2008..07). We conclude that subjects with a predominance of small dense LDL particles have elevated concentrations of IgG(45) in the circulation, which reflect an activated immune response to a specific epitope of modified apo B-100...
- Fatty acid handling protein expression in adipose tissue, fatty acid composition of adipose tissue and serum, and markers of insulin resistanceK Gertow
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 60:1406-13. 2006..Therefore this study investigated relationships between FA handling protein mRNA expression in adipose tissue, FA composition of adipose tissue and serum, and markers of insulin resistance...
- Systemic tocopherols and F2-isoprostanes and the risk of Alzheimer's disease and dementia: a prospective population-based studyJohan Sundelöf
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Geriatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Alzheimers Dis 18:71-8. 2009..In conclusion, systemic serum alpha- and gamma-tocopherol and urinary F2-isoprostane levels are not associated with the future risk of AD or dementia and do not seem to be useful predictors of clinical AD or dementia...
- Markers of endothelial activity are related to components of the metabolic syndrome, but not to circulating concentrations of the advanced glycation end-product N epsilon-carboxymethyl-lysine in healthy Swedish menPer Sjogren
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 195:e168-75. 2007..Insulin resistance, inflammation, oxidative stress, the dietary intake of energy and alcohol, but not plasma CML, predicted endothelial activation in these men...