Margareta A Sanner
Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Living with a stranger's organ--views of the public and transplant recipientsMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Ann Transplant 10:9-12. 2005..The most constructive of the ideas about the donor seems to be identification with positive traits, such as generosity and solidarity...
- A Swedish survey of young people's views on organ donation and transplantationMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala Science Park, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Transpl Int 15:641-8. 2002..Educational programs in school must address this ambivalence and both mediate facts and help students to work through the fear and discomfort associated with organ donation...
- Transplant recipients' conceptions of three key phenomena in transplantation: the organ donation, the organ donor, and the organ transplantMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Unit of Health Services Research, Uppsala Science Park, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Transplant 17:391-400. 2003..There were few differences between heart and necro-kidney patients concerning the reactions to the donation, the donor, and the transplant; the dividing line was more prominent between recipients with living and necro-transplants...
- The donation process of living kidney donorsMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Unit of Health Services Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala Science Park, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1707-13. 2005..However, previous research has almost exclusively explored the decision-making of genetic donors. Therefore, in this study both genetic and non-genetic donors are investigated with focus on their whole donation process...
- [Obstacles for recruiting organ donors in intensive care units can be overcomed. Identified obstacles are attitudes, ethics, resources and competence, as shown by an inquiry]Margareta Sanner
Institutionen för folkhälso och värdvetenskap, enheten för hälso och sjukvårdsforskning, Uppsala universitet, Sweden
Lakartidningen 102:3300-2, 3304-5. 2005..Suggestions for organizational and educational improvements are given...
- Obstacles to organ donation in Swedish intensive care unitsMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Unit of Health Services Research, Uppsala University, and Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Orebro University Hospital, Sweden
Intensive Care Med 32:700-7. 2006..To identify obstacles to organ donation in Swedish intensive care units...
- Two perspectives on organ donation: experiences of potential donor families and intensive care physicians of the same eventMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Health Services Research Unit, Uppsala University, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
J Crit Care 22:296-304. 2007..Three different approaches were displayed: prodonation, neutral, and ambivalent. Only physicians with a prodonation approach received acceptance for donation...
- The kidney recipient's path to transplantation: a comparison between living and deceased kidney donor recipients in Stockholm, SwedenMargareta A Sanner
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Health Services Research, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Nephrol Dial Transplant 26:1053-7. 2011....
- Swedish medical students' views of the changing professional role of medical doctors and the organisation of health careInger Holmstrom
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Section for Health Services Research, Uppsala Science Park, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 9:5-14. 2004..Mentoring, time for reflection and changes in the curricula might be needed...