Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Automatic analysis of hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectra of peptides and proteins using calculations of isotopic distributionsM Palmblad
Division of Ion Physics, Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 12:1153-62. 2001....
- Oxidation of methionine 35 attenuates formation of amyloid beta -peptide 1-40 oligomersMagnus Palmblad
Division of Ion Physics, The Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Box 534, SE 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:19506-10. 2002..Slowing of the fibrillization process at this early step is likely to support prolonged solubility and clearance of Abeta from brain and may reduce disease progression...
- Liquid chromatography and electron-capture dissociation in Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMagnus Palmblad
Division of Ion Physics, The Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Box 534, SE 751 21, Sweden
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 16:988-92. 2002..The results suggest that LC/ECD-FTICRMS can be employed in the characterization of peptides in enzymatic digests of proteins or protein mixtures and identify and localize posttranslational modifications...
- Micro-capillary liquid chromatography Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry--a powerful tool for peptide and protein identificationM Ramström
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Biochim Pol 48:1101-4. 2001..4 T Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometer. The setup was tested on a tryptic digest of bovine serum albumin, which resulted in high sequence coverage (> 92%) of the protein...
- Mechanistic studies of multipole storage assisted dissociationK Hakansson
Ion Physics Division, Angstrom Laboratory, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 11:210-7. 2000..Further support for this mechanism is obtained from a comparison of MSAD and SORI spectra which are almost identical in appearance...
- Protein identification in cerebrospinal fluid using packed capillary liquid chromatography Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryMargareta Ramström
Institute of Chemistry, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Proteomics 3:184-90. 2003..From these masses, 39 proteins were identified in the sample. The amount of sample required for one experiment corresponds to 32 microL of cerebrospinal fluid...
- Automatic internal calibration in liquid chromatography/Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry of protein digestsMagnus Palmblad
The Biocentre, The University of Reading, Reading, UK
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 20:3076-80. 2006..The method reduced mass measurement error from 4.3 +/- 3.7 ppm to 0.3 +/- 2.3 ppm in an E. coli LC/FTICR dataset of 1000 MS and MS/MS spectra and is applicable to all analyses of complex protein digests by FTICRMS...
- Retention time prediction and protein identificationMagnus Palmblad
The Biocentre, University of Reading, UK
Methods Mol Biol 367:195-207. 2007..Novel data on retention time prediction of posttranslationally modified peptides is also presented...
- Liquid matrix deposition on conductive hydrophobic surfaces for tuning and quantitation in UV-MALDI mass spectrometryMagnus Palmblad
The Biocentre, The University of Reading, Reading, United Kingdom
J Am Soc Mass Spectrom 18:693-7. 2007..By using a sample droplet <10 nL it was possible to acquire data from a single irradiated spot for roughly 10,000 shots with little variation in ion signal intensity at a laser repetition rate of 5-20 Hz...
- Quantitative proteomics using uniform (15)N-labeling, MASCOT, and the trans-proteomic pipelineMagnus Palmblad
The Biocentre, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, UK
Proteomics 7:3462-9. 2007..Two large proteomic datasets from uniformly labeled Arabidopsis thaliana were used to illustrate the analysis pipeline. The pipeline can be fully automated and uses only common or freely available software...
- Quantitation of binding, recovery and desalting efficiency of peptides and proteins in solid phase extraction micropipette tipsMagnus Palmblad
Center for Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551 0808, USA
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 814:309-13. 2005..The silica material did not interfere with the analysis. Alpha spectrometry provided an absolute measurement of desalting efficiency...
- Explorative study of the protein composition of amniotic fluid by liquid chromatography electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryStefan Nilsson
J Proteome Res 3:884-9. 2004
- Protein identification by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry using retention time predictionMagnus Palmblad
Division of Ion Physics, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 803:131-5. 2004....
- Alpha-particle energy loss measurement of microgram depositions of biomoleculesPatrick G Grant
Center for Accelerator Mass Spectrometry, L 397, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Anal Chem 75:4519-24. 2003..The method was used with accelerator mass spectrometry to quantify specific activities of microgram quantities of 14C-labeled proteins...
- Rapid analysis of tryptically digested cerebrospinal fluid using capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization-Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance-mass spectrometryMagnus Wetterhall
Institute of Chemistry, Department of Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, PO Box 531, SE 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
J Proteome Res 1:361-6. 2002....
- Peptide mapping of proteins in human body fluids using electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryJonas Bergquist
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Uppsala University, P O Box 531, SE 751 21 Uppsala, Sweden
Mass Spectrom Rev 21:2-15. 2002..It is, however, evident that the separation of proteins and/or peptides must be included in the methodology, in order to detect low-abundance proteins and other proteins of biological relevance...
- Heat-shock response in Arabidopsis thaliana explored by multiplexed quantitative proteomics using differential metabolic labelingMagnus Palmblad
The Biocentre, The University of Reading, Whiteknights, Post Office Box 221, Reading RG6 6AS, United Kingdom
J Proteome Res 7:780-5. 2008..A number of known heat-shock proteins were confirmed, and some proteins not previously associated with heat shock were discovered. The method is applicable in stable isotope labeling and allows for high degrees of multiplexing...