Kjell E Oberg
Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Oberg K, Eriksson B. Endocrine tumours of the pancreas. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;19:753-81 pubmed..None of these can cure a patient with malignant disease. In future, therapy will be custom-made and based on current knowledge of tumour biology and molecular genetics...
- Oberg K, Lamberts S. Somatostatin analogues in acromegaly and gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumours: past, present and future. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2016;23:R551-R566 pubmed..This review summarizes the development and clinical success of somatostatin analogues. ..
- Oberg K, Kvols L, Caplin M, Delle Fave G, de Herder W, Rindi G, et al. Consensus report on the use of somatostatin analogs for the management of neuroendocrine tumors of the gastroenteropancreatic system. Ann Oncol. 2004;15:966-73 pubmed..We compare the efficacy of octreotide and lanreotide in reducing diarrhea and flushing. Side-effects are described and we provide practical information on somatostatin analog treatment...
- Oberg K. Genetics and molecular pathology of neuroendocrine gastrointestinal and pancreatic tumors (gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors). Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2009;16:72-8 pubmed..However, the WHO classification introduced in clinical practice will give more insight into genetic and molecular changes related to tumor subtypes...
- ..In the future, treatment will be based on tumor biology and molecular genetics with the aim of so-called personalized medicine...
- ..Genome-wide screening of different types of NETs can now be performed for a reasonable price and is likely to generate new insights into the tumor biology and carcinogenesis in various subtypes of NETs. ..