- [Psychological first aid after disasters and accidents]Per Olof Michel
Kunskapscentrum för katastrof psykiatri, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 103:2855-6. 2006
- [Post-traumatic stress syndrome more and more in focus. Diagnosis and risk factors well defined but still unclear how common the condition is]Per Olof Michel
Lakartidningen 103:3369-72. 2006
- Use of and satisfaction with support received among survivors from three Scandinavian countries after the 2004 Southeast Asian tsunamiP O Michel
National Centre for Disaster Psychiatry Akademiska sjukhuset Uppsala University, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 26:436-40. 2011..There is limited guidance regarding effective preventions for post-disaster mental health problems and what kind of support is preferred by disaster survivors...
- [Specialists teams for trauma-related disorders--in short supply in Sweden. There is a lack of both resources and effective therapeutic methods, a survey shows]Kerstin Bergh Johannesson
Kunskapscentrum för katastrofpsykiatri, Akademiska sjukhuset Uppsala universitet, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 102:3532, 3535-6. 2005..There is an obvious need of increased resources in this area...
- Suicide rate among former Swedish peacekeeping personnelPer Olof Michel
Department of Neuroscience Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Emmy Rappes väg 10, SE 750 17 Uppsala, Sweden
Mil Med 172:278-82. 2007..In conclusion, Swedish personnel serving in international peace-keeping operations do not show a higher suicide rate than the general population. Unique problems associated with this research area are discussed...