Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Helmersson Karlqvist J, Flodin M, Havelka A, Xu X, Larsson A. The Roche Immunoturbidimetric Albumin Method on Cobas c 501 Gives Higher Values Than the Abbott and Roche BCP Methods When Analyzing Patient Plasma Samples. J Clin Lab Anal. 2016;30:677-81 pubmed publisher..The Roche immunoturbidimetric albumin method gives clearly higher values than the Abbott and Roche BCP methods when analyzing fresh patient samples. The differences between the two methods were similar at normal and low albumin levels. ..
- Helmersson Karlqvist J, Ridefelt P, Lind L, Larsson A. Reference values for 34 frequently used laboratory tests in 80-year-old men and women. Maturitas. 2016;92:97-101 pubmed publisher..Reference values calculated from the whole population and a subpopulation without cardiovascular disease showed strong concordance. Several of the reference interval limits were outside the 90% confidence interval of NORIP. ..
- Ã…kerblom A, Helmersson Karlqvist J, Weitoft T, Larsson A. Seasonal variations of urate in a Swedish adult population. Clin Rheumatol. 2017;36:1595-1598 pubmed publisher..This may be clinically important and could contribute to the circannual variation of gout. The seasonal pattern should be recognized when evaluating patient results both in clinical practice and in research studies. ..
- Oke V, Brauner S, Larsson A, Gustafsson J, Zickert A, Gunnarsson I, et al. IFN-?1 with Th17 axis cytokines and IFN-? define different subsets in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). Arthritis Res Ther. 2017;19:139 pubmed publisher..Our findings could be of major importance when tailoring therapy for patients with SLE with agents targeting IFN pathways. ..
- Gustafsson J, Gunnarsson I, Börjesson O, Pettersson S, Möller S, Fei G, et al. Predictors of the first cardiovascular event in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus - a prospective cohort study. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R186 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that activation of the endothelium and the coagulation system are important features in SLE related CVD. Furthermore, we observed that the risk of CVEs seems to differ between subgroups of SLE patients. ..
- Larsson A, Carlsson L, Axelsson J. Low diurnal variability of apolipoprotein A1, apolipoprotein B and apolipoprotein B/apolipoprotein A1 ratio during normal sleep and after an acute shift of sleep. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:859-62 pubmed publisher..Even if there was a diurnal variation for these markers, the variation was very low. Thus, sampling does not have to be restricted to certain times of the day. ..
- Larsson A, Flodin M, Hansson L, Carlsson L. Patient selection has a strong impact on cystatin C and Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) estimated glomerular filtration rate. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:1355-61 pubmed publisher..The comparisons show that differences in patient selections have a strong impact on the agreement between cystatin C and MDRD estimated glomerular filtration rate. ..