Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Identification of distant Agouti-like sequences and re-evaluation of the evolutionary history of the Agouti-related peptide (AgRP)Åke Västermark
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e40982. 2012....
- The early origin of melanocortin receptors, agouti-related peptide, agouti signalling peptide, and melanocortin receptor-accessory proteins, with emphasis on pufferfishes, elephant shark, lampreys, and amphioxusÅke Västermark
Department of Neuroscience, BMC, Uppsala University, 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 660:61-9. 2011..rubripes) has both genes. This study shows that the most ancient presence of these melanocortin-related sequences is found in elephant shark and lampreys considering the current available sequence data...
- Functional specialization in nucleotide sugar transporters occurred through differentiation of the gene cluster EamA (DUF6) before the radiation of ViridiplantaeÅke Västermark
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 593, 751 24, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Evol Biol 11:123. 2011..We use a method that combines the strengths of hidden Markov models and maximum likelihood to find relationships between drug/metabolite transporter families, and branches within families...
- Remarkable similarities between the hemichordate (Saccoglossus kowalevskii) and vertebrate GPCR repertoireArunkumar Krishnan
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Uppsala University, BMC, Box 593, 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
Gene 526:122-33. 2013....
- Early vertebrate origin of melanocortin 2 receptor accessory proteins (MRAPs)Ravisankar Valsalan
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Uppsala University, BMC Uppsala, Sweden
Gen Comp Endocrinol 188:123-32. 2013..An evolutionary rate shift analysis indicated that these genes were under high purifying selection. Overall, this study provides a comprehensive analysis of the evolution and gene repertoire of MRAP and MRAP2...
- The origin of GPCRs: identification of mammalian like Rhodopsin, Adhesion, Glutamate and Frizzled GPCRs in fungiArunkumar Krishnan
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e29817. 2012..Overall, this study provides the first evidence of the presence of four of the five main GRAFS families in Fungi and clarifies the early evolutionary history of the GPCR superfamily...