Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Fibronectin-integrin interactionsS Johansson
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, The Biomedical Center, Box 575, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Front Biosci 2:d126-46. 1997....
- Purification and characterization of integrin alpha 9 beta 1E Forsberg
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 213:183-90. 1994..The results indicate that alpha 9 beta 1 is a widely distributed laminin/collagen receptor which may have additional, yet unidentified ligands...
- The cytoplasmic tyrosines of integrin subunit beta1 are involved in focal adhesion kinase activationK Wennerberg
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, Uppsala University, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 20:5758-65. 2000..These observations argue that tyrosines 783 and 795 within the cytoplasmic tail of integrin subunit beta1A are critical mediators of FAK activation and cell spreading in GD25 cells...
- Integrin subunits (beta)1C-1 and (beta)1C-2 expressed in GD25T cells are retained and degraded intracellularly rather than localised to the cell surfaceG Svineng
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, The Biomedical Center, University of Uppsala, Sweden
J Cell Sci 112:4751-61. 1999..Instead, both (beta)1C-1 and (beta)1C-2 chains remain in the endoplasmic reticulum until they are intracellularly degraded...
- Assembly of laminin polymers is dependent on beta1-integrinsL Lohikangas
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology, The Biomedical Center, Uppsala, S-751 25, Sweden
Exp Cell Res 265:135-44. 2001..Taken together, these results suggest that dystroglycan and beta1-integrins can both contribute to the recruitment of laminin to cell surfaces and that integrins are required at a subsequent step in the formation of basement membranes...
- Identification of beta1C-2, a novel variant of the integrin beta1 subunit generated by utilization of an alternative splice acceptor site in exon CG Svineng
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, Box 575, The Biomedical Centre, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem J 330:1255-63. 1998..Hence, high levels of beta1C-2 may be incompatible with cell proliferation, as previously suggested for beta1C-1...
- cDNA cloning and sequencing of rat alpha 1-macroglobulinB Wärmegård
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, Biomedical Center, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochemistry 31:2346-52. 1992..One mRNA species hybridizing with the alpha 1-macroglobulin probe was observed in rat and mouse liver RNA (approximately 6.2 kb), whereas no corresponding transcript was detected in RNA from human liver...