Kerstin Bergh Johannesson
Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Impact of exposure to trauma on posttraumatic stress disorder symptomatology in Swedish tourist tsunami survivorsKerstin Bergh Johannesson
Department of Neuroscience, National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Emmy Rappes väg 10, Uppsala SE 750 17, Sweden
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:316-23. 2009..Disaster exposure has a substantial impact on survivors, which stresses the need for long-lasting support...
- The effect of traumatic bereavement on tsunami-exposed survivorsKerstin Bergh Johannesson
National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Trauma Stress 22:497-504. 2009..The highest levels of psychological distress were found among those who had lost children. Traumatic bereavement, in combination with exposure to life danger, is probably a risk factor for mental health sequelae after a natural disaster...
- Tsunami-exposed tourist survivors: signs of recovery in a 3-year perspectiveKerstin Bergh Johannesson
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:162-9. 2011..Readiness among health agencies for identification of symptoms and provision of interventions might facilitate optimal recovery...
- Prolonged grief among traumatically bereaved relatives exposed and not exposed to a tsunamiKerstin Bergh Johannesson
National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala, Sweden
J Trauma Stress 24:456-64. 2011..36 vs. loss of partner). Further long-term follow-up could deepen the understanding of how recovery after traumatic loss is facilitated...
- [Psychological first aid after disasters and accidents]Per Olof Michel
Kunskapscentrum för katastrof psykiatri, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 103:2855-6. 2006
- [Post-traumatic stress syndrome more and more in focus. Diagnosis and risk factors well defined but still unclear how common the condition is]Per Olof Michel
Lakartidningen 103:3369-72. 2006