Kerstin Bergh Johannesson
Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Six years after the wave. Trajectories of posttraumatic stress following a natural disasterKerstin Bergh Johannesson
National Centre for Disaster Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 36:15-24. 2015..This study examines trajectories of recovery among survivors in comparison to individuals with indirect exposure...
- Impact of exposure to trauma on posttraumatic stress disorder symptomatology in Swedish tourist tsunami survivorsKerstin Bergh Johannesson
Department of Neuroscience, National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Emmy Rappes väg 10, Uppsala SE 750 17, Sweden
J Nerv Ment Dis 197:316-23. 2009..Disaster exposure has a substantial impact on survivors, which stresses the need for long-lasting support...
- The effect of traumatic bereavement on tsunami-exposed survivorsKerstin Bergh Johannesson
National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
J Trauma Stress 22:497-504. 2009..The highest levels of psychological distress were found among those who had lost children. Traumatic bereavement, in combination with exposure to life danger, is probably a risk factor for mental health sequelae after a natural disaster...
- Tsunami-exposed tourist survivors: signs of recovery in a 3-year perspectiveKerstin Bergh Johannesson
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:162-9. 2011..Readiness among health agencies for identification of symptoms and provision of interventions might facilitate optimal recovery...
- Prolonged grief among traumatically bereaved relatives exposed and not exposed to a tsunamiKerstin Bergh Johannesson
National Center for Disaster Psychiatry, Uppsala, Sweden
J Trauma Stress 24:456-64. 2011..36 vs. loss of partner). Further long-term follow-up could deepen the understanding of how recovery after traumatic loss is facilitated...
- Impact of physical injury on mental health after the 2004 Southeast Asia tsunamiJohan Dyster-Aas
National Centre for Disaster Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience Psychiatry, Uppsala University Uppsala, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 66:203-8. 2012..However, there are inconsistencies regarding the contribution of physical injury as an independent risk factor for developing psychiatric morbidity after disasters...
- [Psychological first aid after disasters and accidents]Per Olof Michel
Kunskapscentrum för katastrof psykiatri, Uppsala
Lakartidningen 103:2855-6. 2006
- [Post-traumatic stress syndrome more and more in focus. Diagnosis and risk factors well defined but still unclear how common the condition is]Per Olof Michel
Lakartidningen 103:3369-72. 2006
- Properties of Swedish posttraumatic stress measures after a disasterFilip K Arnberg
National Centre for Disaster Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Akademiska sjukhuset ing 10, SE 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 28:402-9. 2014..The IES-R, but not the IES-6 and GHQ-12, evidenced stability across assessments. In conclusion, the Swedish IES-R and PCL are sound measures of chronic PTSD, and the findings illustrate important temporal aspects of PTSD assessment. ..