Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Janssen R, Le Gouar M, Pechmann M, Poulin F, Bolognesi R, Schwager E, et al. Conservation, loss, and redeployment of Wnt ligands in protostomes: implications for understanding the evolution of segment formation. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:374 pubmed publisher..This requires further analysis of the expression and function of these genes in a wider range of taxa...
- Janssen R, Damen W, Budd G. Expression of pair rule gene orthologs in the blastoderm of a myriapod: evidence for pair rule-like mechanisms?. BMC Dev Biol. 2012;12:15 pubmed publisher..We discuss the possibilities that blastoderm patterning may be conserved in long-germ and short-germ arthropods, and that a posterior double segmental mechanism may be present in short-germ arthropods. ..
- Janssen R. Diplosegmentation in the pill millipede Glomeris marginata is the result of dorsal fusion. Evol Dev. 2011;13:477-87 pubmed publisher..If the former is the case, my work may provide an impressive example of Haeckel's recapitulation theory...
- Janssen R, JÃ¶rgensen M, Lagebro L, Budd G. Fate and nature of the onychophoran mouth-anus furrow and its contribution to the blastopore. Proc Biol Sci. 2015;282: pubmed publisher..The new data from the onychophorans thus remove one of the key pieces of evidence for the amphistomy theory. Rather, in line with other recent results, it suggests that ancestral bilaterian development was deuterostomic. ..
- Janssen R, Eriksson B, Budd G, Akam M, Prpic N. Gene expression patterns in an onychophoran reveal that regionalization predates limb segmentation in pan-arthropods. Evol Dev. 2010;12:363-72 pubmed publisher..The reversed hth and exd patterns in chelicerates and myriapods are therefore an apomorphy for this group, the Myriochelata, lending support to the Myriochelata and Tetraconata clades in arthropod phylogeny. ..
- Janssen R, Budd G, Damen W. Gene expression suggests conserved mechanisms patterning the heads of insects and myriapods. Dev Biol. 2011;357:64-72 pubmed publisher..This finding implies that the anterior patterning mechanism already existed in the last common ancestor of insects and myriapods...