Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Porcine microsomal vitamin D(3) 25-hydroxylase (CYP2D25). Catalytic properties, tissue distribution, and comparison with human CYP2D6F Hosseinpour
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Biol Chem 275:34650-5. 2000..Experiments with human liver microsomes and recombinantly expressed CYP2D6 strongly indicate that the microsomal 25-hydroxylation of vitamin D(3) in human liver is catalyzed by an enzyme different from CYP2D6...
- Kidney microsomal 25- and 1alpha-hydroxylase in vitamin D metabolism: catalytic properties, molecular cloning, cellular localization and expression during developmentFardin Hosseinpour
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, S 751 23, Uppsala, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1580:133-44. 2002..These findings indicate a tissue-specific developmental regulation of CYP2D25. The results from the current and previous studies on renal vitamin D hydroxylations imply that CYP2D25 has a biological role in kidney...
- Phenobarbital suppresses vitamin D3 25-hydroxylase expression: a potential new mechanism for drug-induced osteomalaciaFardin Hosseinpour
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Biochemistry, University of Uppsala, Box 578, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:603-7. 2007..A downregulation of 25-hydroxylation by phenobarbital may explain, at least in part, the increased risk of osteomalacia, bone loss, and fractures in long-term phenobarbital therapy...
- Metabolism of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 by microsomal and mitochondrial vitamin D3 25-hydroxylases (CYP2D25 and CYP27A1): a novel reaction by CYP27A1Zufan Araya
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, Husargatan 3, S 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochim Biophys Acta 1632:40-7. 2003..It can be concluded that both CYP27A1 and CYP2D25 are able to carry out multiple hydroxylations of 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3)...
- 25-Hydroxylation of vitamin D3 in primary cultures of pig hepatocytes: evidence for a role of both CYP2D25 and CYP27A1Fardin Hosseinpour
Division of Biochemistry, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, University of Uppsala, Box 578, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:877-83. 2003..The results implicate that both CYP2D25 and CYP27A1 contribute to the 25-hydroxylation in hepatocytes and are important in the bioactivation of vitamin D(3)...
- Overexpression of the Rho-guanine nucleotide exchange factor ECT2 inhibits nuclear translocation of nuclear receptor CAR in the mouse liverFardin Hosseinpour
Pharmacogenetics Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, United States
FEBS Lett 581:4937-42. 2007..CAR directly bound to the PH domain. Thus, ECT2 may comprise a part of the PB response signal regulating the intracellular trafficking of CAR...