Affiliation: Uppsala University
- Monitoring contaminants from oil production at sea by measuring gill EROD activity in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua)Alexandra Abrahamson
Uppsala University, Department of Environmental Toxicology, Uppsala, Sweden
Environ Pollut 153:169-75. 2008..Finally, gill EROD activity in cod caged for 6 weeks at 500-10 000 m from two platforms outside Norway was measured. The activities in these fish were very low and did not differ from those in fish caged at reference sites...
- A bioassay approach to determine the dioxin-like activity in sediment extracts from the Danube River: ethoxyresorufin-O-deethylase induction in gill filaments and liver of three-spined sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus L.)Jens C Otte
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Environ Int 34:1176-84. 2008..Implementation of the EROD assay in testing of sediment extracts gave highly reliable results which make this assay an ecotoxicologically relevant method for assessment of contamination with Ah receptor agonists in sediments...
- Impact of humic substances on EROD activity in gill and liver of three-spined sticklebacks (Gasterosteus aculeatus)Carin Andersson
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Chemosphere 81:156-60. 2010..Our finding that HS of both natural and synthetic origin induce EROD activity in the gill is of significance for the interpretation of biomonitoring data on EROD activity as well as for the choice of suitable reference waters...
- Gill EROD in monitoring of CYP1A inducers in fish: a study in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) caged in Stockholm and Uppsala watersAlexandra Abrahamson
Uppsala University, Department of Environmental Toxicology, Norbyvägen 18 A, SE 752 36, Uppsala, Sweden
Aquat Toxicol 85:1-8. 2007..In the kidney, CYP1A staining was weak or absent. We conclude that gill EROD activity is a more sensitive biomarker of exposure to waterborne CYP1A inducers than EROD activity in liver and kidney...
- EROD activity in gill filaments of anadromous and marine fish as a biomarker of dioxin-like pollutantsMaria Jonsson
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Centre for Reproductive Biology in Uppsala, Uppsala University, Sweden
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 136:235-43. 2003..Assessment of gill filament EROD activity in fish exposed to polluted water and sediments in the laboratory proved to be an easy and cost-effective way to survey pollution with dioxin-like chemicals...
- Cytochrome P4501A induction in rainbow trout gills and liver following exposure to waterborne indigo, benzo[a]pyrene and 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenylE Maria Jönsson
Uppsala University, Department of Environmental Toxicology, Norbyvagen 18A, 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Aquat Toxicol 79:226-32. 2006..The results show that gill filament EROD activity is a sensitive biomarker both for persistent and readily metabolized AhR agonists in polluted water...
- CYP1A inhibition in fish gill filaments: a novel assay applied on pharmaceuticals and other chemicalsKristina Beijer
Department of Environmental Toxicology, Uppsala University, Norbyvagen 18A, Uppsala, Sweden
Aquat Toxicol 96:145-50. 2010..It is concluded that the modified gill filament EROD assay is useful to screen for waterborne pollutants that inhibit catalytic CYP1A activity in fish gills...