Affiliation: University Hospital
- Borrelia-specific interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 secretion in cerebrospinal fluid and blood during Lyme borreliosis in humans: association with clinical outcomeMona Widhe
Divisions of Clinical Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Infect Dis 189:1881-91. 2004..The present data suggest that an initial IFN- gamma response, followed by up-regulation of IL-4, is associated with nonchronic manifestations, whereas a persistent IFN- gamma response may lead to chronic Lyme borreliosis...
- IgA antibodies against tissue transglutaminase, endomysium and gliadin in idiopathic polyneuropathyM Vrethem
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 127:109-15. 2013....
- A patient with both narcolepsy and multiple sclerosis in association with Pandemrix vaccinationMagnus Vrethem
Division of Neurology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Department of Neurology and Neurophysiology, County Council of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden
J Neurol Sci 321:89-91. 2012..The genetic susceptibility in this patient makes it tempting to speculate upon an immune-mediated mechanism and a common etiology for both diseases in this patient...
- Cytokine mapping in cerebrospinal fluid and blood in multiple sclerosis patients without oligoclonal bandsM Vrethem
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Mult Scler 18:669-73. 2012....
- Painful polyneuropathy in patients with and without diabetes: clinical, neurophysiologic, and quantitative sensory characteristicsMagnus Vrethem
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of Linkoping, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin J Pain 18:122-7. 2002..To study pain characteristics and peripheral nerve involvement in patients with painful diabetic and nondiabetic polyneuropathy in comparison with patients with non-painful polyneuropathy...
- Chronic symptoms are common in patients with neuroborreliosis -- a questionnaire follow-up studyM Vrethem
Division of Neurology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden, Division of Neurophysiology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 106:205-8. 2002..The aim of our study was to investigate the existence and kind of persistent symptoms in patients previously treated because of neurological symptoms as a result of neuroborreliosis...
- Increased plasma homocysteine levels without signs of vitamin B12 deficiency in patients with multiple sclerosis assessed by blood and cerebrospinal fluid homocysteine and methylmalonic acidM Vrethem
Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Division of Neurology and Neurophysiology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Mult Scler 9:239-45. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate if multiple sclerosis (MS) is associated with vitamin B12 (cobalamin) deficiency...
- Prognostic value of cerebrospinal fluid IgA and IgG in multiple sclerosisMagnus Vrethem
Divisions of Neurology and Neurophysiology, Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Linkoping University Hospital, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Mult Scler 10:469-71. 2004..The retrospective experimental design allowed an unusually long follow-up time, but it also had the disadvantages of such a study. Thus the results warrant a prospective study to verify the prognostic vale of CSF IgA in MS...
- Polyneuropathy associated with IgM vs IgG monoclonal gammopathy: comparison between clinical and electrophysiological findingsM Vrethem
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 122:52-7. 2010..We aimed at making a comparison between clinical and neurophysiological findings in these two conditions...
- Polyneuropathy, with and without neurogenic pain, and its impact on daily life activities--a descriptive studyGunilla M Liedberg
Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Social and Welfare Studies, Linkiping University, Norrkiping, Sweden
Disabil Rehabil 31:1402-8. 2009..The aim was to investigate disability reported in daily activities and quality of life in patients with polyneuropathy, with and without neurogenic pain...
- Myelin protein zero is naturally processed in the B cells of monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance of immunoglobulin M isotype: aberrant triggering of a patient's T cellsEva Hellqvist
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Cell Biology, Linkoping University, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Haematologica 95:627-36. 2010..We analyzed protein zero-specific B cells, as antigen-presenting cells, and their capacity to activate T helper cells...
- Clinical, diagnostic and immunological characteristics of patients with possible neuroborreliosis without intrathecal Ig-synthesis against Borrelia antigen in the cerebrospinal fluidMagnus Vrethem
Division of Neurology and Neurophysiology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University Hospital, Linkoping
Neurol Int 3:e2. 2011..PCR did not reveal any Borrelia antigen in CSF. The diagnosis and treatment of possible but not confirmed neuroborreliosis is a clinical challenge. The clinical response to treatment may be the best option in these cases...
- Occupational determinants of cryptogenic polyneuropathyMartin Tondel
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Neuroepidemiology 26:187-94. 2006..The aim was to investigate different occupational and leisure time exposures as determinants for cryptogenic polyneuropathy...
- Cytokines in Lyme borreliosis: lack of early tumour necrosis factor-alpha and transforming growth factor-beta1 responses are associated with chronic neuroborreliosisMona Widhe
Division of Clinical Immunology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Immunology 107:46-55. 2002..High serum levels of TGF-beta1 probably mirror an anti-inflammatory response, which might play a role in controlling the systemic immune response...
- Association between change in normal appearing white matter metabolites and intrathecal inflammation in natalizumab-treated multiple sclerosisJohan Mellergård
Neurology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Neuroscience, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e44739. 2012..Furthermore, it is not known whether intrathecal levels of inflammatory or neurodegenerative markers are associated with development of pathology in NAWM...
- Cryptogenic polyneuropathy: clinical and neurophysiological findingsJonas Lindh
Section of Neurology, Department of Internal Medicine, Ryhov County Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden
J Peripher Nerv Syst 10:31-7. 2005..Cryptogenic polyneuropathy is a slowly progressive sensorimotor nerve lesion of mainly axonal type. Men are more often affected than women. Most patients have a minor or moderate severe polyneuropathy...