Affiliation: University Hospital
- Sleep in women: Normal values for sleep stages and position and the effect of age, obesity, sleep apnea, smoking, alcohol and hypertensionCarin Sahlin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Sleep Med 10:1025-30. 2009..To define normal values for total sleep time, sleep latency, sleep efficiency, sleep stages and sleeping positions in women and to investigate how sleep is affected by age, obesity, sleep apnea, smoking, alcohol dependency and hypertension...
- Ambient temperature and obstructive sleep apnea: effects on sleep, sleep apnea, and morning alertnessFredrik Valham
Department of Internal Medicine, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Sleep 35:513-7. 2012..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of ambient temperature on sleep, sleep apnea, and morning alertness in patients with obstructive sleep apnea...
- Obstructive sleep apnea is a risk factor for death in patients with stroke: a 10-year follow-upCarin Sahlin
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Umea University Hospital, SE 901 85 Umea, Sweden
Arch Intern Med 168:297-301. 2008..We aimed to investigate whether obstructive or central sleep apnea was related to reduced long-term survival among patients with stroke...
- Heart rate variability during sleep and sleep apnoea in a population based study of 387 womenMilos Kesek
Department of Cardiology, Heart Centre, Norrland University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 29:309-15. 2009..High AHI was however associated with a HRV-pattern suggestive of depressed sympathetic drive and lowered ability to increase it during REM...
- Sleep apnea and Down's syndromeAke Dahlqvist
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Hospital of Umea, Umea, Sweden
Acta Otolaryngol 123:1094-7. 2003..In this population-based controlled study, we aimed to investigate whether sleep apnea is related to Down's syndrome...