Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Hospital
- Allergic disease at the age of 7 years after pertussis vaccination in infancy: results from the follow-up of a randomized controlled trial of 3 vaccinesLennart Nilsson
Division of Paediatrics, the Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:1184-9. 2003..To prospectively assess sensitization rates and the development of allergic diseases in a follow-up of a randomized controlled pertussis vaccine trial...
- Fewer melanocytic nevi found in children with active atopic dermatitis than in children without dermatitisIngrid Synnerstad
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Dermatology, Faculty of Health Sciences, , , Sweden
Arch Dermatol 140:1471-5. 2004..CONCLUSION: Children with atopic dermatitis had few melanocytic nevi, which suggests that the proinflammatory cytokine network in the atopic skin might inhibit melanocyte growth and/or progression to nevi...
- A TLR4 polymorphism is associated with asthma and reduced lipopolysaccharide-induced interleukin-12(p70) responses in Swedish childrenMalin Fagerås Böttcher
Division of Pediatrics, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, and Clinical Research Centre, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 85 Linkoping, Sweden
J Allergy Clin Immunol 114:561-7. 2004....
- Asthma, lung function and allergy in 12-year-old children with very low birth weight: a prospective studyXiao Mei Mai
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Paediatrics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:184-92. 2003..Furthermore, mechanical ventilation during the neonatal period was associated with bronchial hyperresponsiveness at age 12. Very low birth weight per se was not, however, related to atopy...
- Early rapid weight gain and current overweight in relation to asthma in adolescents born with very low birth weightXiao Mei Mai
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Pediatrics, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 16:380-5. 2005..There was a strong and positive association between overweight and asthma at 12 yr of age in the VLBW children. This strong association had been reduced by early rapid weight gain, possibly via the reduction of bronchial responsiveness...
- Allergen-induced cytokine secretion in atopic and non-atopic asthmatic childrenMalin F Böttcher
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Division of Paediatrics, and Clinical Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 14:345-50. 2003..The Th2 cytokines IL-4 and IL-9 were associated only with atopic asthma, probably due to their IgE-inducing properties...
- [The campaign for TBE vaccination of small children is unethical and incorrect]Barbro Hedin Skogman
Lakartidningen 101:2832; discussion 2833. 2004
- How and when to pick up the best signals from markers associated with T-regulatory cells?Anna Kivling
Division of Paediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Immunol Methods 345:29-39. 2009..Further, a stimulation period of 48 h in general revealed the highest mRNA expression of the markers studied. In conclusion, cryopreserved cells are in general suitable for studying Treg associated markers...
- Diverse foxp3 expression in children with type 1 diabetes and celiac diseaseAnna Kivling
Division of Pediatrics and Diabetes Research Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:273-7. 2008..057). In conclusion, children with only T1D generally showed a lower FOXP3 mRNA expression than did children with CD, or with T1D in combination with CD, which suggests impaired regulation of the immune system in children with T1D...
- Hypertonic saline challenge tests in the diagnosis of bronchial hyperresponsiveness and asthma in childrenXiao Mei Mai
Department of Health and Environment, Division of Paediatrics, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Sweden
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 13:361-7. 2002..The degree of bronchial hyperresponsiveness, as represented by the response/dose ratio, reflects the severity of asthma symptoms...
- Effects of simvastatin on proinflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases in hypercholesterolemic individualsLennart Nilsson
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medical and Health Sciences, Linkoping University, 58185, Linkoping, Sweden
Inflammation 34:225-30. 2011..Our findings are in contrast to previous in vitro and animal data and question the in vivo relevance of some of the pleiotropic effects of simvastatin...
- Reduced serum levels of autoantibodies against monomeric C-reactive protein (CRP) in patients with acute coronary syndromeJonas Wetterö
Rheumatology, Autoimmunity and Immune Regulation unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 400:128-31. 2009..We and others recently reported autoantibodies against monomeric CRP (anti-CRP) in rheumatic conditions, e.g. systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), and a connection between anti-CRP and cardiovascular disease in SLE has been suggested...
- Frequency and distribution pattern of melanocytic naevi in Swedish 8-9-year-old childrenIngrid Synnerstad
Division of Dermatology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 84:271-6. 2004..8%) had four times as many naevi in total. A relationship between total counts and counts on the back or lateral aspect of the arms was found (r2 = 0.59). Either of these two areas might be suitable for predicting total naevus counts...
- [Before the next ticks season: vaccinate children older than 7 years living in endemic regions against TBE but let the small children get away]Barbro Hedin Skogman
Lakartidningen 101:3367; author reply 3367-8. 2004
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 4G/5G polymorphism and risk of stroke: replicated findings in two nested case-control studies based on independent cohortsPer Gunnar Wiklund
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Sweden
Stroke 36:1661-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the common functional 4/5 guanosine (4G/5G) polymorphism in the promoter region of the PAI-1 gene and the risk of stroke...
- Decreased plasma CXCL16/SR-PSOX concentration is associated with coronary artery diseaseYuri Sheikine
Experimental Cardiovascular Research Unit, Center for Molecular Medicine, L8 03, S 17176, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 188:462-6. 2006..To investigate for the first time whether the plasma CXCL16 concentration is altered in coronary artery disease (CAD) patients...
- Birth anthropometric measures, body mass index and allergic diseases in a birth cohort study (BAMSE)Xiao Mei Mai
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Arch Dis Child 92:881-6. 2007..We aimed to assess increased birth weight or birth length in relation to allergic diseases at 4 years of age, taking body mass index (BMI) at age 4 as a covariate in the adjustment...
- A fourth dose of DTPa-IPV vaccine given to 4-6 year old children in Italy and Sweden following primary vaccination at 3, 5 and 11-12 months of ageLennart Nilsson
Children's Research Department, , Sweden
Scand J Infect Dis 37:221-9. 2005..The combined DTPa-IPV vaccine could be used to add DTP valences to the IPV vaccine currently given to children in Scandinavia and Italy at 4-6 y of age and reinforce protection against 4 diseases...