Affiliation: University Hospital
- Microscopic colitis: clinical and pathologic perspectivesAndreas Münch
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Science, Linkopings University, Linkoping, Sweden Electronic address
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:228-36. 2015..Treatment options for patients with budesonide-refractory disease are discussed. ..
- Azathioprine and mercaptopurine in the management of patients with chronic, active microscopic colitisA Munch
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Science, Linkopings University, Linkoping, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 37:795-8. 2013..Microscopic colitis (MC) is a common chronic diarrhoeal disease, and remission can be induced with budesonide. However, diarrhoea relapses frequently when budesonide is tapered and a few patients become budesonide intolerant...
- Microscopic colitis: Current status, present and future challenges: statements of the European Microscopic Colitis GroupA Munch
Div of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dept of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Science, Linkoping University, Sweden
J Crohns Colitis 6:932-45. 2012..Moreover, a new treatment algorithm is proposed on the basis of new evidence from well-designed, randomized control trials...
- Dihydroxy bile acids increase mucosal permeability and bacterial uptake in human colon biopsiesAndreas Münch
Department of Gastroenterology, UHL, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 42:1167-74. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of microM concentrations of dihydroxy bile acids on permeability and bacterial uptake in the normal human colon...
- Increased transmucosal uptake of E. coli K12 in collagenous colitis persists after budesonide treatmentAndreas Münch
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkopings University, Sweden
Am J Gastroenterol 104:679-85. 2009..Our aim was to investigate the mucosal barrier to nonpathogenic bacteria in collagenous colitis...
- Low levels of bile acids increase bacterial uptake in colonic biopsies from patients with collagenous colitis in remissionA Munch
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Linkoping University, Sweden
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:954-60. 2011..Bile acids can increase bacterial mucosal uptake in humans. Mucosal barrier function was investigated by exposing colonic biopsies to chenodeoxycholic acid (CDCA) or deoxycholic acid (DCA) in Ussing chamber experiments...
- Adalimumab in budesonide and methotrexate refractory collagenous colitisAndreas Münch
Linkoping University Hospital, Clinic of Endocrinology and Gastroenterology, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:59-63. 2012..We described three patients with collagenous colitis (CC) who developed side effects or were refractory to both budesonide and methotrexate and were given adalimumab (ADA) as a third-line treatment...