Affiliation: University Hospital
- Family history of breast and ovarian cancers and BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in a population-based series of early-onset breast cancerN Loman
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 93:1215-23. 2001..This study was undertaken to provide reliable population-based estimates of genetic influence and to characterize the nature and prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutations in early-onset breast cancer...
- Cancer incidence in relatives of a population-based set of cases of early-onset breast cancer with a known BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation statusNiklas Loman
Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res 5:R175-86. 2003..In families with a BRCA1 or a BRCA2 mutation, individual carrier status predicts the risk of breast cancer. In relatives of cases where both BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations are excluded, the risk remains undetermined...
- Prognosis and clinical presentation of BRCA2-associated breast cancerN Loman
Jubileum Institute, Department of Oncology, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 36:1365-73. 2000..Data presented here needs to be taken into account when counselling healthy carriers of BRCA2 germ line mutations...
- [BRCA1 and BRCA2 have reached the clinical medicine. The 10-year old finding of the genetic mutation makes it now possible to prevent breast cancer]Niklas Loman
Onkologiska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, SE221 85 Lund, Sweden
Lakartidningen 101:2172-7. 2004..Further studies are warranted to elucidate the efficacy of chemoprevention in women at a very high risk of breast cancer, e.g. mutation carriers of BRCA1 and BRCA2...
- Incidence of malignant tumours in relatives of BRCA1 and BRCA2 germline mutation carriersO Johannsson
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 35:1248-57. 1999..Our data suggest that apart from breast and ovarian cancer, the incidence of other cancer types do not appear to be greatly increased in BRCA1- and BRCA2-associated families and does not warrant specific clinical follow-up in carriers...
- One in 10 ovarian cancer patients carry germ line BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations: results of a prospective study in Southern SwedenS Malander
Department of Oncology, The Jubileum Institution, University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 40:422-8. 2004....
- Serum thymidine kinase activity compared with CA 15-3 in locally advanced and metastatic breast cancer within a randomized trialJ Bjohle
Department of Oncology, Karolinska Institutet and University Hospital, Radiumhemmet, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 139:751-8. 2013..These results suggest that this factor is a useful serum marker. In the present material, a prognostic value of CA 15-3 could not be proven. ..
- Two BRCA1-positive epithelial ovarian tumors with metastases to the central nervous system: a case reportA Koul
Department of Oncology and Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, S-221 85, Sweden
Gynecol Oncol 80:399-402. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: To the best of our knowledge the molecular genetic profile of these tumors is not found in the literature and it is suggested that such analyses could provide some insight for a better understanding of this rare phenomenon...
- Individually tailored treatment with epirubicin and paclitaxel with or without capecitabine as first-line chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer: a randomized multicenter trialT Hatschek
Breast Sarcoma Unit, Department of Oncology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, 17176, Stockholm, Sweden
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:939-47. 2012..In this trial with limited power, the addition of capecitabine to epirubicin and paclitaxel as first-line treatment did not translate into clinically relevant improvement of the outcome...
- Molecular classification of familial non-BRCA1/BRCA2 breast cancerIngrid Hedenfalk
Cancer Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:2532-7. 2003..These findings illustrate that, when gene expression-based classifications are used, BRCAx families can be grouped into homogeneous subsets, thereby potentially increasing the power of conventional genetic analysis...
- Cytokeratin 5/14-positive breast cancer: true basal phenotype confined to BRCA1 tumorsMervi Laakso
Department of Pathology, Seinajoki Central Hospital, Seinajoki, Finland
Mod Pathol 18:1321-8. 2005..These results suggest that CK5/14-positive sporadic breast cancers arise from glandularly committed progenitor cells rather than true CK8/18-negative basal cells...
- Impact of teenage oral contraceptive use in a population-based series of early-onset breast cancer cases who have undergone BRCA mutation testingHelena Jernstrom
Department of Oncology, Clinical Sciences, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Cancer 41:2312-20. 2005..Each year of OC use prior to age 20 years conferred a significantly increased risk for early-onset breast cancer, while there was no risk associated with use after age 20 years...