Affiliation: University Hospital
- Provocation of electric hypersensitivity under everyday conditionsU Flodin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Centre for Public Health Sciences, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Work Environ Health 26:93-8. 2000..Therefore, a provocation study was performed in the homes or workplaces of the patients, where we also studied the symptoms and on-off answer 24 hours after the exposure...
- Multiple sclerosis in nurse anaesthetistsU Flodin
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Health and Environment, Linkoping University, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 60:66-8. 2003..Volatile anaesthetics are chemically related to organic solvents used in industry. Exposure to industrial solvents may increase the incidence of multiple sclerosis (MS)...
- Non-sensitising air pollution at workplaces and adult onset asthmaU Flodin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, University Hospital, 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 77:17-22. 2004..The aim of this study was to elucidate further whether occupational exposure to non-sensitising air pollution at workplaces increases the risk of adult onset asthma...
- The risk for multiple sclerosis in female nurse anaesthetists: a register based studyA M Landtblom
Department of Neuroscience and Locomotion, Division of Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 63:387-9. 2006..Previous studies have suggested that exposure to organic solvents, including volatile anaesthetic agents, may be a risk factor for multiple sclerosis (MS), possibly in combination with genetic and other environmental factors...
- Multiple sclerosis and ionizing radiationO Axelson
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Health and Environment, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Neuroepidemiology 20:175-8. 2001..Our data and some other observations reported in the literature suggest a contributory role for ionizing radiation to the development of MS in some cases...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 null genotype as a risk modifier for solvent-induced chronic toxic encephalopathyP Soderkvist
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand J Work Environ Health 22:360-3. 1996..In this study the problem of whether there could be any association between the glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) null genotype and the risk for CTE, with regard to solvent exposure, was investigated...
- Audiological disturbances caused by long-term exposure to industrial solvents. Relation to the diagnosis of toxic encephalopathyM Niklasson
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Scand Audiol 27:131-6. 1998..Hitherto, no attention has been paid to these disturbances in the definition of the CTE syndrome...
- Hypointensity in T2-weighted images of the basal ganglia in solvent-exposed patients with multiple sclerosis: clinical, MRI and CSF characteristicsA M Landtblom
Department of Nervous System and Locomotion, Division of Neurology, Faculty of Health Sciences, , , Sweden
Neurol Sci 24:2-9. 2003..Hypointensity on T2-weighted images of the basal ganglia in the solvent-exposed MS patients may correspond to neurodegeneration and could be an early event in MS...