- Influence of comorbidities in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus - research and clinical care. A report of the ISHCSF task force on comorbidities in INPHJan Malm
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Umea University, Umea, 901 85, Sweden
Fluids Barriers CNS 10:22. 2013..Future INPH research should focus on the contribution of comorbidity to overall morbidity, mortality and long-term outcomes. ..
- CSF sulfatide distinguishes between normal pressure hydrocephalus and subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathyM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgren s University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 69:74-81. 2000....
- White matter diffusion is higher in Binswanger disease than in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusM Tullberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 120:226-34. 2009....
- Cerebrospinal fluid markers before and after shunting in patients with secondary and idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusMats Tullberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Cerebrospinal Fluid Res 5:9. 2008..The aim of this study was to explore biochemical changes in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) induced by shunt surgery and the relationship between these changes and clinical improvement...
- Ventricular cerebrospinal fluid neurofilament protein levels decrease in parallel with white matter pathology after shunt surgery in normal pressure hydrocephalusM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, The Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 14:248-54. 2007..Other biochemical effects of shunting may include increased monoaminergic and peptidergic neurotransmission, breakdown of blood brain barrier function, and gliosis...
- White matter changes in normal pressure hydrocephalus and Binswanger disease: specificity, predictive value and correlations to axonal degeneration and demyelinationM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 105:417-26. 2002....
- Impaired wakefulness is associated with reduced anterior cingulate CBF in patients with normal pressure hydrocephalusM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 110:322-30. 2004..To evaluate if impaired wakefulness (IW) in normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is associated with reduced blood flow in regions associated with the brain arousal system...
- White matter lesions impair frontal lobe function regardless of their locationM Tullberg
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, USA
Neurology 63:246-53. 2004....
- Differences in cerebrospinal fluid dynamics do not affect the levels of biochemical markers in ventricular CSF from patients with aqueductal stenosis and idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalusM Tisell
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 11:17-23. 2004..High albumin ratio and sulfatide concentrations in vCSF in hydrocephalus patients have negative implications for surgical outcome and might indicate concomitant cerebrovascular disorder...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus triggers intrathecal production of TNF-alphaE Tarkowski
Department of Rheumatology and Neurology, University of Goteborg, Guldhedsgatan 10, S 413 46, Goteborg, Sweden
Neurobiol Aging 24:707-14. 2003..The positive correlation between preoperative TNF-alpha and sulfatide levels in the CSF suggest that intrathecal TNF-alpha may contribute to the damage of the white matter known to occur in patients with NPH...
- Initial CSF total tau correlates with 1-year outcome in patients with traumatic brain injuryM Ost
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Neurology 67:1600-4. 2006..We investigated if tau, microtubular binding protein, in serum and ventricular CSF (vCSF) in patients with severe traumatic brain injury (TBI) during the initial posttraumatic days correlated to 1-year outcome...
- Postural disturbance in patients with normal pressure hydrocephalusE Blomsterwall
Department of Physiotherapy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 102:284-91. 2000..The postural function was better in positions with open eyes in all 3 groups, but significantly less in the NPH patients, indicating a misinterpretation of afferent visual stimuli in the brainstem postural centre...
- Neurological symptoms and signs in adult aqueductal stenosisM Tisell
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Hydrocephalus Research Unit, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Acta Neurol Scand 107:311-7. 2003..To comprehensively describe and compare prospectively (pre/postoperatively) the symptomatology in aqueductal stenosis (AS) vs idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (INPH)...
- Long-term outcome in 109 adult patients operated on for hydrocephalusM Tisell
Hydrocephalus Research Unit, Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Br J Neurosurg 20:214-21. 2006..Intention-to-treat analyses revealed that 54 (50%) of the patients still felt better and 37% remained functionally improved. The standardized mortality ratio (observed/expected) was 3.01 (CI: 2.01 - 4.32)...
- Reduced regional cerebral blood flow in non-psychotic violent offendersH Soderstrom
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Psychiatry Res 98:29-41. 2000..The aberrations were as frequent and severe among the subjects without MMD, substance abuse, and current medication (n=7) as in the entire group of index subjects...
- Correlation between intrathecal sulfatide and TNF-alpha levels in patients with vascular dementiaE Tarkowski
Department of Rheumatology, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 15:207-11. 2003..The intrathecal TNF-alpha levels were related to the clinical symptoms of dementia, as well as to intrathecal levels of sulfatide, a marker of white matter degradation, and of neurofilament, a marker of neuronal degeneration...
- Both total and phosphorylated tau are increased in Alzheimer's diseaseM Sjogren
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital SE 431 80 Mölndal, Sweden
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 70:624-30. 2001..As CSF tau protein is increased after stroke, tau may also be implicated in the pathophysiology of vascular dementia, of which subcortical arteriosclerotic encephalopathy (SAE) is a putative subtype...
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus: vascular white matter changes on MR images must not exclude patients from shunt surgeryM Tullberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, , , Sweden
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1665-73. 2001..No MR imaging findings could predict outcome of shunt surgery in patients with NPH. Clinical improvement after surgery is associated with reduction in the irregular type of PVH located around the frontal horns...