Affiliation: The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- [All physicians must be capable to diagnose Borrelia infection. A case report, or how to be a patient]Erling Norrby
Kungl Vetenskapsakademien, , Stockholm
Lakartidningen 103:217-8. 2006
- Polio and Nobel prizes: looking back 50 yearsErling Norrby
Center for History of Science, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Neurol 61:385-95. 2007..We can only speculate on why later nominations highlighting the contributions of scientists such as Jonas Salk, Hilary Koprowski, and Albert Sabin in the development of poliovirus vaccines have not been recognized by a Nobel Prize...
- Yellow fever and Max Theiler: the only Nobel Prize for a virus vaccineErling Norrby
Center for the History of Science, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, SE 104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
J Exp Med 204:2779-84. 2007..Recently released Nobel archives now reveal how the advances in the yellow fever vaccine field were evaluated more than 50 years ago, and how this led to a prize for Max Theiler...
- Nobel Prizes and the emerging virus conceptErling Norrby
Center for the History of Science, The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Virol 153:1109-23. 2008..Understanding the principle nature of barriers to the development of new concepts is of timeless value for fostering and facilitating new discoveries in science...
- Prions and protein-folding diseasesE Norrby
Center for the History of Science, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Stockholm, Sweden
J Intern Med 270:1-14. 2011..It may involve maintaining neuronal functions and possibly contributing to the establishment of long-term memory...
- [Eradication of polio is taking time]Erling Norrby
Kungliga Vetenskapsakademien, , Stockholm
Lakartidningen 104:1314-7. 2007