Affiliation: Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Activity and composition of the denitrifying bacterial community respond differently to long-term fertilizationKarin Enwall
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Microbiology, Box 7025, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:8335-43. 2005....
- Soil resources influence spatial patterns of denitrifying communities at scales compatible with land managementKarin Enwall
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 7025, S 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 76:2243-50. 2010..Our findings constitute a first step in identifying niches for denitrifiers at scales relevant to land management...
- Reassessing PCR primers targeting nirS, nirK and nosZ genes for community surveys of denitrifying bacteria with DGGEIngela Noredal Throbäck
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, SE 750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 49:401-17. 2004..By use of the new nirS primers it was demonstrated that agricultural soil harbours a substantial diversity of nirS denitrifiers...
- Response of induced perturbation on replicating β-proteobacterial ammonia-oxidizing populations in soilKarin A Nyberg
Department of Microbiology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Box 7025, 750 07, Uppsala, Sweden
Microb Ecol 63:701-9. 2012..However, this was not reflected by the soils' ammonia oxidation capacity to resist to or recover from the induced perturbation suggesting that rapid population shifts may not influence soil functioning in a short-term perspective...
- Soil functional operating range linked to microbial biodiversity and community composition using denitrifiers as model guildSara Hallin
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Microbiology, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e51962. 2012..However, key bacterial genotypes played an important role for maintaining denitrification as an ecosystem functioning under certain conditions...