Affiliation: Sundsvall Hospital
- Randomized trial of traditional dissection with electrocautery versus ultrasonic fundus-first dissection in patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomyY Cengiz
Department of Surgery, Sundsvalls sjukhus, Sweden
Br J Surg 92:810-3. 2005..In laparoscopic cholecystectomy dissection can be with monopolar electrocautery or with ultrasonic shears, and can start at the triangle of Calot or at the fundus of the gallbladder...
- Improved outcome after laparoscopic cholecystectomy with ultrasonic dissection: a randomized multicenter trialYucel Cengiz
Department of Surgery, Sundsvall Hospital, 851 86 Sundsvall, Sweden
Surg Endosc 24:624-30. 2010..This may relate to the fundus-first method or to the ultrasonic dissection...
- Experiences with a prophylactic mesh in 93 consecutive ostomiesArthur Jänes
Department of Surgery, Sundsvalls sjukhus, 851 86, Sundsvall, Sweden
World J Surg 34:1637-40. 2010..Parastomal hernia may be present in half of patients after one year. A prophylactic low-weight prosthetic mesh in a sublay position at the index operation reduces the risk of parastomal hernia, without increasing the rate of complications...
- Preventing parastomal hernia with a prosthetic mesh: a 5-year follow-up of a randomized studyArthur Jänes
Department of Surgery, Kirurgkliniken, Sundsvalls sjukhus, 851 86, Sundsvall, Sweden
World J Surg 33:118-21; discussion 122-3. 2009..This study was designed to evaluate the rate of complications after 5 years...
- Effect of stitch length on wound complications after closure of midline incisions: a randomized controlled trialDaniel Millbourn
Department of Surgery, Sundsvall Hospital, Sundsvall, Sweden
Arch Surg 144:1056-9. 2009..In midline incisions closed with a single-layer running suture, the rate of wound complications is lower when a suture length to wound length ratio of at least 4 is accomplished with a short stitch length rather than with a long one...
- Randomized clinical trial of the use of a prosthetic mesh to prevent parastomal herniaA Janes
Department of Surgery, Sundsvalls sjukhus, Sundsvall, Sweden
Br J Surg 91:280-2. 2004..The aim of this study was to determine the effect on stoma complications of using a mesh at the primary operation...
- Preventing parastomal hernia with a prosthetic meshArthur Jänes
Kirurgkliniken, Sundsvalls sjukhus, SE 851 86 Sundsvall, Sweden
Arch Surg 139:1356-8. 2004..The lowest recurrence rate has been produced when repair is with a prosthetic mesh. This study evaluated the effect on stoma complications of using a mesh during the primary operation...
- Letter 2: Randomized clinical trial of vertical or transverse laparotomy for abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (Br J Surg 2005; 92: 1208-1211)L A Israelsson
Br J Surg 93:121; author reply 121-2. 2006
- Mass closure technique: an experimental study on separation of wound edgeY Cengiz
Department of Surgery, Sundsvall County Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Surg 167:60-3. 2001..This results from sutures compressing or cutting through subcuticular fat, muscle, and peritoneum enclosed in a mass stitch...
- Comparison of the effectiveness of mitomycin-C and Viscoat on delayed adjustable strabismus surgery in rabbitsY Cengiz
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Kocaeli, Izmit, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:530-5. 2005..4 mg/mL) may decrease adhesion formation in the early postoperative period, especially in the first week. The intraoperative use of Viscoat was not effective in reducing postoperative adhesions and delaying adjustment...