Affiliation: Stockholm Health Economics
- The mission is remission: health economic consequences of achieving full remission with antidepressant treatment for depressionP Sobocki
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Medical Management Centre, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Clin Pract 60:791-8. 2006..01). We conclude that remission has a substantial health economic impact on patients treated for depression, which further strengthens the importance of aiming for full remission in the treatment of depression...
- Model to assess the cost-effectiveness of new treatments for depressionPatrik Sobocki
Department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet and European Health Economics AB, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 22:469-77. 2006..The objective of this study was to develop a model to assess the cost-effectiveness of a new treatment for patients with depression...
- Cost of depression in EuropePatrik Sobocki
Medical Management Centre, Department of Learning Informatics Management and Ethics, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Ment Health Policy Econ 9:87-98. 2006..Yet, the knowledge of the economic impact of depression has been relatively little researched in Europe...
- Resource allocation to brain research in Europe (RABRE)P Sobocki
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 24:2691-3. 2006..We conclude that European spending on brain research, particularly public spending, is low compared to other fields of research and to the US, and that increased investment in brain research seems warranted...
- Health-related quality of life measured with EQ-5D in patients treated for depression in primary carePatrik Sobocki
Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Value Health 10:153-60. 2007..The objective of the present study was to assess the impact of depression on patients' health-related quality of life (HRQL) with the EQ-5D instrument over 6 months while on antidepressant treatment...
- The societal burden of osteoporosis in SwedenFredrik Borgstrom
European Health Economics, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone 40:1602-9. 2007..This burden is substantial and must be acknowledged as an important health problem. Osteoporosis-related fractures do not only lead to high medical care costs but also to high community care costs...
- The economic burden of depression in Sweden from 1997 to 2005Patrik Sobocki
Division for International Health IHCAR, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 22:146-52. 2007..The aim of this study was to estimate the economic burden of depression to Swedish society from 1997 to 2005...
- Economic evaluations of leukemia: a review of the literatureFrida Kasteng
European Health Economics, Vasagatan 38, Stockholm 111 20, Sweden
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 23:43-53. 2007..However, no comprehensive review is yet performed on the health economic evidence for the disease. Hence, our aim was to review and analyze the existing literature on economic evaluations of the different types of leukemia...
- Cost of disorders of the brain in ItalyMaura Pugliatti
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze e Scienze Materno Infantili, Universita di Sassari, Viale San Pietro 10, 07100, Sassari, Italy
Neurol Sci 29:99-107. 2008..This figure is however likely to be underestimated as it is based on retrospective methodology and samples of brain disorders, and does not include intangible costs...
- Estimating the cost of epilepsy in Europe: a review with economic modelingMaura Pugliatti
Institute of Clinical Neurology, Medical School, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Epilepsia 48:2224-33. 2007..Based on available epidemiologic, health economic, and international population statistics literature, the cost of epilepsy in Europe was estimated...
- Comparison of the cost-effectiveness of infliximab in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis in the United Kingdom based on two different clinical trialsGisela Kobelt
Department of Orthopedics, University of Lund, Sweden gisela
Int J Technol Assess Health Care 23:368-75. 2007..To compare the cost-effectiveness of the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) with infliximab in the United Kingdom over lifetime estimated from two different clinical trials and adjusted for clinical practice guidelines...
- [High societal costs of brain diseases. Extremely small resources allocated to research on prevention and treatment]Patrik Sobocki
Institutionen för folkhälsovetenskap
Lakartidningen 104:1590-4. 2007
- Cost estimates of brain disorders in BelgiumJean Schoenen
Department of Neurology Headache Research Unit and Research Center for Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, University of Liege, Liege, Belgium
Acta Neurol Belg 106:208-14. 2006..Such a survey is being organized by a task force of the Belgian Brain Council...
- The burden of ankylosing spondylitis in SpainGisela Kobelt
Lund University, Sweden and European Health Economics, Mulhouse, France
Value Health 11:408-15. 2008..To investigate the burden of ankylosing spondylitis (AS) in Spain, as baseline for economic evaluation of the use of biological agents...
- Cost of disorders of the brain in Switzerland with a focus on mental disordersMatthias Jäger
Department of General and Social Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 138:4-11. 2008..This study aims at estimating the costs of disorders of the brain in Switzerland based on the published epidemiological and economic evidence...