- Adaptive comanagement for building resilience in social-ecological systemsPer Olsson
Department of Systems Ecology and Centre for Transdisciplinary Environmental Research, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Environ Manage 34:75-90. 2004....
- Reconnecting to the biosphereCarl Folke
Stockholm Resilience Centre, Stockholm University, Sweden
Ambio 40:719-38. 2011..The ongoing mind shift in human relations with Earth and its boundaries provides exciting opportunities for societal development in collaboration with the biosphere--a global sustainability agenda for humanity...
- Navigating the transition to ecosystem-based management of the Great Barrier Reef, AustraliaPer Olsson
Stockholm Resilience Centre and Department of Systems Ecology, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:9489-94. 2008..This example illustrates that enabling legislations or other social bounds are essential, but not sufficient for shifting governance toward adaptive comanagement of complex marine ecosystems...
- Mobility, expansion and management of a multi-species scuba diving fishery in East AfricaHampus Eriksson
Department of Systems Ecology, Stockholm University, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 7:e35504. 2012..Although this type of fishing generally indicates a destructive activity, little attention has been directed towards this category of fishery, a major knowledge gap and barrier to management...
- The FernstrÃ¸m Prize 2002 for Margareta and Birger BlombÃ¤ckPer Olsson
Thromb Res 109:157-8. 2003
- Adaptive management of the Great Barrier Reef and the Grand Canyon world heritage areasTerence P Hughes
Australian Research Council, Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Ambio 36:586-92. 2007....