- Recent anthropometric trends among Swedish school children: evidence for decreasing prevalence of overweight in girlsAgneta Sjöberg
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 97:118-23. 2008..To assess the recent prevalence of overweight and obesity in 10 year old children in Göteborg, Sweden...
- Anthropometric changes in Sweden during the obesity epidemic--increased overweight among adolescents of non-Nordic originAgneta Sjöberg
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Public Health Epidemiology Unit, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 100:1119-26. 2011..To compare overweight, obesity and thinness prevalences in adolescents born in 1979 and 1985 and to evaluate the influence of parental migration background...
- Body size and lifestyle in an urban population entering adulthood: the 'Grow up Gothenburg' studyAgneta Sjöberg
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Institute of Medicine, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 101:964-72. 2012..To present data on body size, lifestyle and health status in students in their final year in high schools in Gothenburg area, Sweden, with specific attention to origin and gender...
- Diet, obesity and obesogenic trends in two generations of Swedish womenLauren Lissner
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Nutr 47:424-31. 2008..Specifically, we describe changes in obesity and fat patterning, while examining concurrent shifts in factors that are proposed to be causally related to the modern obesity epidemic...
- Childhood obesity and prevention in different socio-economic contextsMaria B Magnusson
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Public Health Epidemiology Unit, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Prev Med 53:402-7. 2011..To assess recent trends in obesity, health beliefs, and lifestyles in Swedish schoolchildren, with focus on socioeconomic disparities...
- Secular trends in cardiovascular risk factors with a 36-year perspective: observations from 38- and 50-year-olds in the Population Study of Women in GothenburgCecilia Bjorkelund
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Prim Health Care 26:140-6. 2008..To study secular trends in cardiovascular risk factors in four different cohorts of women examined in 1968-1969, 1980-1981, 1992-1993 and 2004-2005...
- Iron status in Swedish teenage girls: impact of low dietary iron bioavailabilityMichael Hoppe
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Nutrition 24:638-45. 2008..We investigated iron intake and iron absorption in the ordinary diet of free-living individuals in relation to iron status and assessed iron requirements...
- Minnesota leisure time activity questionnaire and doubly labeled water in adolescentsFrode Slinde
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:1923-8. 2003....