Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Zetterberg H, Hietala M, Jonsson M, Andreasen N, Styrud E, Karlsson I, et al. Neurochemical aftermath of amateur boxing. Arch Neurol. 2006;63:1277-80 pubmed..If verified in longitudinal studies with extensive follow-up regarding the clinical outcome, analyses of cerebrospinal fluid may provide a scientific basis for medical counseling of athletes after boxing or head injury. ..
- Zetterberg H, Jacobsson J, Rosengren L, Blennow K, Andersen P. Cerebrospinal fluid neurofilament light levels in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis: impact of SOD1 genotype. Eur J Neurol. 2007;14:1329-33 pubmed..518, P = 0.001). NF-L levels were lower in SOD1 mutation-associated ALS compared with SOD1 wild-type (wt) ALS (P = 0.03). In conclusion, CSF NF-L levels may provide both diagnostic and prognostic information, particularly in SOD1 wt ALS. ..
- HÃ¶lttÃ¤ M, Dean R, Siemers E, Mawuenyega K, Sigurdson W, May P, et al. A single dose of the Î³-secretase inhibitor semagacestat alters the cerebrospinal fluid peptidome in humans. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2016;8:11 pubmed publisher..Data are available via ProteomeXchange with identifier PXD003075. NCT00765115 , registered 30/09/2008. ..
- Burman J, Raininko R, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Axelsson M, MalmestrÃ¶m C. YKL-40 is a CSF biomarker of intrathecal inflammation in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;292:52-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with secondary progressive MS had similar high levels of YKL-40, whereas not active relapsing-remitting MS patients had YKL-40 levels comparable to healthy controls. ..
- SjÃ¶din S, Andersson K, Mercken M, Zetterberg H, Borghys H, Blennow K, et al. APLP1 as a cerebrospinal fluid biomarker for Î³-secretase modulator treatment. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2015;7:77 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that APLP1 peptides may be used as biomarkers to monitor drug effects of GSMs on Î³-secretase processing in clinical trials. However, this requires further investigation in larger cohorts, including studies in man. ..
- Hellwig K, Kvartsberg H, Portelius E, Andreasson U, Oberstein T, Lewczuk P, et al. Neurogranin and YKL-40: independent markers of synaptic degeneration and neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2015;7:74 pubmed publisher..Neurogranin and YKL-40 are promising AD biomarkers, independent of and complementary to the established core AD biomarkers, reflecting additional pathological changes in the course of AD. ..
- Pannee J, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Portelius E. Absolute Quantification of A?1-42 in CSF Using a Mass Spectrometric Reference Measurement Procedure. J Vis Exp. 2017;: pubmed publisher..A high-resolution quadrupole-orbitrap hybrid instrument was used for the measurements. The method allows for the quantification of CSF A?1-42 between 150-4,000 pg/mL. ..
- Zetterberg H. Neurofilament Light: A Dynamic Cross-Disease Fluid Biomarker for Neurodegeneration. Neuron. 2016;91:1-3 pubmed publisher..2016). ..
- Heslegrave A, Heywood W, Paterson R, Magdalinou N, Svensson J, Johansson P, et al. Increased cerebrospinal fluid soluble TREM2 concentration in Alzheimer's disease. Mol Neurodegener. 2016;11:3 pubmed publisher..CSF concentrations of sTREM2 are higher in AD than in controls, and correlate with markers of neurodegeneration. CSF sTREM2 may be used to quantify glial activation in AD. ..
- Westwood S, Liu B, Baird A, Anand S, Nevado Holgado A, Newby D, et al. The influence of insulin resistance on cerebrospinal fluid and plasma biomarkers of Alzheimer's pathology. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:31 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that IR is not directly related to the level of CSF AD pathology in cognitively healthy men. Proteins that associated with both AD and IR are potential markers indicative of shared pathology. ..
- Kvartsberg H, Portelius E, Andreasson U, Brinkmalm G, Hellwig K, Lelental N, et al. Characterization of the postsynaptic protein neurogranin in paired cerebrospinal fluid and plasma samples from Alzheimer's disease patients and healthy controls. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2015;7:40 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that CSF Ng, in particular Ng48-76, might reflect the neurodegenerative processes within the brain, indicating a role for Ng as a potential novel clinical biomarker for synaptic function in AD. ..
- Craven C, Baudracco I, Zetterberg H, Lunn M, Chapman M, Lakdawala N, et al. The predictive value of T-tau and AB1-42 levels in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:2293-2300 pubmed publisher..This is the most comprehensive presentation of CSF samples from INPH patients to date, thus providing further reference values to the current literature. ..
- Zetterberg H, Mörtberg E, Song L, Chang L, Provuncher G, Patel P, et al. Hypoxia due to cardiac arrest induces a time-dependent increase in serum amyloid ? levels in humans. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28263 pubmed publisher..These data provide the first direct evidence in living humans that ischemia acutely increases A? levels in blood. The results point to the possibility that hypoxia may play a role in the amyloidogenic process of AD. ..
- Zetterberg H, Jacobsson J, Rosengren L, Blennow K, Andersen P. Association of APOE with age at onset of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2008;273:67-9 pubmed publisher..027). These data support APOE epsilon4 as a subordinate contributing factor in ALS. ..
- Zetterberg H, Zafiropoulos A, Spandidos D, Rymo L, Blennow K. Gene-gene interaction between fetal MTHFR 677C>T and transcobalamin 776C>G polymorphisms in human spontaneous abortion. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:1948-50 pubmed....
- Zetterberg H, Coppola A, D Angelo A, Palmer M, Rymo L, Blennow K. No association between the MTHFR A1298C and transcobalamin C776G genetic polymorphisms and hyperhomocysteinemia in thrombotic disease. Thromb Res. 2002;108:127-31 pubmed
- Zetterberg H, Regland B, Palmer M, Rymo L, Zafiropoulos A, Arvanitis D, et al. The transcobalamin codon 259 polymorphism influences the risk of human spontaneous abortion. Hum Reprod. 2002;17:3033-6 pubmed..Our results warrant additional investigations addressing the question if vitamin B(12) supplementation in addition to folic acid supplementation may prevent spontaneous abortion in women planning a pregnancy. ..