Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- The use of semipermeable membrane devices as passive samplers to determine persistent organic compounds in indoor airBo Strandberg
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Box 414, SE 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Environ Monit 8:257-62. 2006..The convenience of SPMD technology facilitates its use for semi-quantitative screening and monitoring of various persistent organic compounds indoors in dwellings and working environments...
- Effects on airways of short-term exposure to two kinds of wood smoke in a chamber study of healthy humansLeo Stockfelt
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital and Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Inhal Toxicol 24:47-59. 2012..Wood smoke is a significant contributor to air pollution, with complex and varying composition. We examined airway effects of two kinds of wood smoke in a chamber study...
- The impact of domestic wood burning on personal, indoor and outdoor levels of 1,3-butadiene, benzene, formaldehyde and acetaldehydePernilla Gustafson
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Academy at Göteborg University, P O Box 414, S 405 30, Goteborg, Sweden
J Environ Monit 9:23-32. 2007..The cancer risk from these compounds at exposure to wood smoke is, however, estimated to be low in developed countries...
- Field evaluation of a passive personal air sampler for screening of PAH exposure in workplacesPernilla Bohlin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Environ Monit 12:1437-44. 2010..003) were found between personally deployed mini-PUFs and a co-deployed personal active sampling method. This together with the low costs and ease-of-use of the mini-PUF encourage application in exposure assessments...
- Field evaluation of polyurethane foam passive air samplers to assess airborne PAHs in occupational environmentsPernilla Bohlin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, SE 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
Environ Sci Technol 44:749-54. 2010..These results suggest that PUF-PAS are potentially useful tools for PAHs in occupational environments in screening workplaces and identifying sources/hotspots - although unlikely to replace active sampling...
- Laboratory and field evaluation of a diffusive sampler for measuring halogenated anesthetic compoundsKerstin Bergemalm-Rynell
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, P O Box 414, Gothenburg, Sweden SE 405 30
J Environ Monit 10:1172-8. 2008..3 mL min(-1); desflurane, 13.6 mL min(-1); isoflurane, 12.0 mL min(-1); and sevoflurane, 11.9 mL min(-1)...
- Experimental wood smoke exposure in humansGerd Sallsten
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital and Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Inhal Toxicol 18:855-64. 2006..By varying the combustion and dilution of the wood smoke, different exposure scenarios can be achieved and thus, knowledge about which of the properties of particles and gaseous compounds are crucial for the effects...
- Occupational and indoor air exposure to persistent organic pollutants: a review of passive sampling techniques and needsPernilla Bohlin
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, SE 405 30, Goteborg, Sweden
J Environ Monit 9:501-9. 2007..We discuss the potential advantages, limitations and developments needed, so that PAS can be used reliably and routinely indoors and in occupational settings for POPs...
- Multivariate analysis of the bioaccumulation of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the marine pelagic food web from the southern part of the Baltic Sea, PolandJerzy Falandysz
Department of Environmental Chemistry and Ecotoxicology, University of Gdansk, 18 Sobieskiego Str, PL 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
J Environ Monit 4:929-41. 2002..Principal component analysis has been used to analyse the interdependences and differences in the CB congener accumulation patterns between the components of the investigated pelagic food web...
- Concentrations and spatial variations of polybrominated diphenyl ethers and several organochlorine compounds in fishes from the northeastern United StatesNathan G Dodder
Environmental Science Research Center, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, and Department of Chemistry, Indiana University, 47405, USA
Environ Sci Technol 36:146-51. 2002..Fish to sediment concentration ratios indicated that the tetra- through hexa-substituted congeners have a similar bioavailability, while the deca-substituted congener does not seem to be bioavailable at all...