Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Evaluation of a language-screening programme for 2.5-year-olds at Child Health Centres in SwedenC M Mattsson
Central Unit for Child Health Care, South Bohuslän, Västra Götaland, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 90:339-44. 2001..CONCLUSION: The data confirm that it is possible to identify reliably children with developmental language disability at 2.5 y of age through the screening programme...
- Language skills at age 6 years in Swedish children screened for language delay at 2(1/2) years of ageCarmela Miniscalco
Central Unit for Child Health Care, Department of Women s and Children s Health, Uppsala University Children s Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Paediatr 94:1798-806. 2005..CONCLUSION: This study has shown that children who failed the 2(1/2)-y screening are at high risk of having persistent language problems at age 6 y...
- Neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental outcome of children at age 6 and 7 years who screened positive for language problems at 30 monthsCarmela Miniscalco
Department of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:361-6. 2006..Remaining language problems at age 6 years strongly predict the presence of neuropsychiatric or neurodevelopmental disorders at age 7 years...
- Narrative skills, cognitive profiles and neuropsychiatric disorders in 7-8-year-old children with late developing languageCarmela Miniscalco
Department of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Lang Commun Disord 42:665-81. 2007....
- Clinic attenders with autism or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: cognitive profile at school age and its relationship to preschool indicators of language delayBibbi S Hagberg
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1-8. 2010..In many cases early language delay, even in the absence of clear learning disability should be taken as a signal that - regardless of specific diagnosis - intellectual functioning might be in the low average range...
- Non-word repetition in young school-age children with language impairment and/or neuropsychiatric disorderCarmela Miniscalco
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 30:1145-54. 2009..In conclusion, the study confirmed the hypothesis that NPD with LI constitutes a more severe variant of NPD, and that this variant can easily be picked up by a quick and easy NWR screening test...
- Basic reading skills in Swedish children with late developing language and with or without autism spectrum disorder or ADHDCarmela Miniscalco
Division of Speech and Language Pathology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Box 452, SE 405 30, Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:1054-61. 2010....