Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Low holotranscobalamin and cobalamins predict incident fractures in elderly men: the MrOS SwedenC Lewerin
Section of Hematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska AcademyUniversity of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Osteoporos Int 25:131-40. 2014..9 years, we found that low levels of metabolically active and total cobalamins predict incident fractures, independently of body mass index (BMI), bone mineral density (BMD), plasma total homocysteine (tHcy), and cystatin C...
- Significant correlations of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonic acid with movement and cognitive performance in elderly subjects but no improvement from short-term vitamin therapy: a placebo-controlled randomized studyCatharina Lewerin
Department of Medicine at the Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Clin Nutr 81:1155-62. 2005..Deficiencies of vitamin B-12, folic acid, and vitamin B-6-as defined by laboratory measures-occur in 10-20% of elderly subjects. The clinical significance remains unresolved...
- Glomerular filtration rate as measured by serum cystatin C is an important determinant of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonic acid in the elderlyC Lewerin
Department of Medicine, Salhgrenska Academy at Göteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Intern Med 261:65-73. 2007....
- Reduction of plasma homocysteine and serum methylmalonate concentrations in apparently healthy elderly subjects after treatment with folic acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6: a randomised trialC Lewerin
Department of Haematology and Coagulation, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:1426-36. 2003....
- High serum adiponectin is associated with low blood haemoglobin in elderly men: the Swedish MrOS studyC Lewerin
Section of Haematology and Coagulation, Department of Internal Medicine and Clinical Nutrition, Sahlgrenska Academy, Institute of Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Intern Med 278:68-76. 2015..The aim of this study was to determine whether adipokines such as adiponectin and leptin are associated with anaemia and Hb concentration in elderly community-dwelling men...
- [Hypereosinophilic syndrome--difficult-to-catch diagnosis. Targeted molecular diagnostics and treatment now possible thanks to gene discovery]Sofia Jonsson
Sahlgrenska Universitetssjukhuset Sahlgrenska, Goteborg
Lakartidningen 103:2556-9. 2006
- Serum biomarkers for atrophic gastritis and antibodies against Helicobacter pylori in the elderly: Implications for vitamin B12, folic acid and iron status and response to oral vitamin therapyCatharina Lewerin
Departments of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:1050-6. 2008....