Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Psychometric properties and factor structure of the Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire (TFEQ) in obese men and women. Results from the Swedish Obese Subjects (SOS) studyJ Karlsson
Health Care Research Unit, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 24:1715-25. 2000..To evaluate the construct validity of the Three-Factor Eating Questionnaire (TFEQ) in obese men and women...
- Ten-year trends in health-related quality of life after surgical and conventional treatment for severe obesity: the SOS intervention studyJ Karlsson
Health Care Research Unit, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:1248-61. 2007..To examine trends and effects of weight loss treatment on health-related quality of life (HRQL) in the severely obese over 10 years...
- Psychosocial functioning in the obese before and after weight reduction: construct validity and responsiveness of the Obesity-related Problems scaleJ Karlsson
Institute of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 27:617-30. 2003..if OP scores differed by gender and weight category; (3). if OP scores are inversely related to mental well-being; (4). if weight reduction in the obese is accompanied by improvements in psychosocial functioning (OP)...
- Predictors of very-low-energy diet outcome in obese women and menLena Gripeteg
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Institute of Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Obes Facts 3:159-65. 2010..The aim of this study was to explore baseline outcome predictors of a 12-week very-low-energy diet (VLED) treatment...
- Coping and distress: what happens after intervention? A 2-year follow-up from the Swedish Obese Subjects (SOS) studyAnna Ryden
Health Care Research Unit, Institute of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Psychosom Med 65:435-42. 2003..The study examined effects of weight change on coping and distress in severely obese subjects treated conventionally or undergoing weight reduction surgery...
- Bariatric surgery and long-term cardiovascular eventsLars Sjöström
Institute of Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
JAMA 307:56-65. 2012..Obesity is a risk factor for cardiovascular events. Weight loss might protect against cardiovascular events, but solid evidence is lacking...
- Performance of the Swedish SF-36 version 2.0Charles Taft
Health Care Research Unit, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Institute of Internal Medicine, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Qual Life Res 13:251-6. 2004....
- Gender and age differences in the relative burden of rhinitis and asthma on health-related quality of life--a Swedish population studyUlf Larsson
The Nordic School of Public Health, Goteborg, Sweden
Respir Med 101:1291-8. 2007..Women aged 50-64 years with one or both ailments are particularly affected. Such gender and age differences should be taken into consideration in the care and treatment of patients with rhinitis and asthma...
- Effects of bariatric surgery on mortality in Swedish obese subjectsLars Sjöström
Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
N Engl J Med 357:741-52. 2007..In fact, many observational studies suggest that weight reduction is associated with increased mortality...
- Prolonged refeeding improves weight maintenance after weight loss with very-low-energy dietsLena Gripeteg
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Institute of Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Br J Nutr 103:141-8. 2010..06). Overall, longer refeeding duration after successful weight loss with a VLED improves weight maintenance in a 1-year perspective...
- Psychometric properties of the disease-specific health-related quality of life instrument VascuQoL in a Swedish settingJoakim Nordanstig
Department of Vascular Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Bruna stråket 11 B, 413 45, Gothenburg, Sweden
Health Qual Life Outcomes 10:45. 2012..The main aim of this study was to validate the Swedish Vascular Quality of Life questionnaire (VascuQoL) version, a patient-reported PAD-specific health-related quality of life (HRQoL) instrument...
- Proteasome activity in human lens nuclei and correlation with age, gender and severity of cataractMadeleine Zetterberg
Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Section of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Curr Eye Res 27:45-53. 2003..The aim of this study was to measure proteasome activity in human lens nuclei resulting from cataract surgery and in different regions of donor lenses...