Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Functional relevance of the IL-23-IL-17 axis in lungs in vivoStefan Ivanov
Lung Pharmacology and Immunology Groups, Department of Internal Medicine Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 10A, S 413 46 Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 36:442-51. 2007..These findings support that IL-23 and IL-17 form a functionally relevant "immunological axis" in the lungs in vivo...
- Th-17 cells in the lungs?Stefan Ivanov
Lung Immunology and Pharmacology Groups, Department of Internal Medicine Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Institute of Medicine Sahlgrenska Academy at Göteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 10 A, S 413 46 Gothenburg, Sweden
Expert Rev Respir Med 1:279-93. 2007..Thus, an improved understanding of the human correlate to the Th-17 subset may reveal new targets for pharmacotherapy against lung disorders that are characterized by aberrant innate responses in host defense...
- Interleukin-17A mRNA and protein expression within cells from the human bronchoalveolar space after exposure to organic dustStefan Ivanov
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergy, Institute for Internal Medicine, Goteborg University, Guldhedsgatan 10A, 413 46 Gothenburg, Sweden
Respir Res 6:44. 2005..We also assessed the expression of the elastinolytic protease MMP-9 in this airway compartment...
- IL-17-producing T lymphocytes in lung tissue and in the bronchoalveolar space after exposure to endotoxin from Escherichia coli in vivo--effects of anti-inflammatory pharmacotherapyOlof Prause
Department of Internal Medicine Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Bruna Stråket 11b, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 22:199-207. 2009..The sustained IL-17 production from T lymphocytes and the associated neutrophil accumulation may be inhibited non-selectively through glucocorticoid receptor stimulation and more selectively through calcineurin phosphatase inhibition...
- Interleukin-17 as a recruitment and survival factor for airway macrophages in allergic airway inflammationSvetlana Sergejeva
The Lung Pharmacology Group, Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Institute of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 33:248-53. 2005..Furthermore, IL-17 is involved in controlling the proteolytic activity of macrophages and neutrophils in allergen-induced airway inflammation...