Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Evaluation of lower leg function in patients with Achilles tendinopathyKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Lundberg Laboratory of Orthopaedic Research, Department of Orthopaedics, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:1207-17. 2006..The test battery has higher demand on patients' function compared with each individual test...
- Full symptomatic recovery does not ensure full recovery of muscle-tendon function in patients with Achilles tendinopathyKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Sportrehab Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Clinic, Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Sports Med 41:276-80; discussion 280. 2007..To assess the relationship between muscle-tendon function and symptoms in patients with Achilles tendinopathy using a validated test battery...
- Continued sports activity, using a pain-monitoring model, during rehabilitation in patients with Achilles tendinopathy: a randomized controlled studyKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Lundberg Laboratory of Orthopaedic Research, Department of Orthopaedics, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gröna Stråket 12, 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Sports Med 35:897-906. 2007..Achilles tendinopathy is a common overuse injury, especially among athletes involved in activities that include running and jumping. Often an initial period of rest from the pain-provoking activity is recommended...
- A new measurement of heel-rise endurance with the ability to detect functional deficits in patients with Achilles tendon ruptureKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Department of Orthopaedics, Institute of Clinical Sciences at Sahlgrenska Academy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 18:258-64. 2010....
- Cross-cultural adaptation of the VISA-A questionnaire, an index of clinical severity for patients with Achilles tendinopathy, with reliability, validity and structure evaluationsKarin Gravare Silbernagel
Lundberg Laboratory of Orthopaedic Research, Dept of Orthopaedics, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:12. 2005..The purpose of this study was to cross-culturally adapt the VISA-A questionnaire to Swedish, and to perform reliability, validity and structure evaluations...
- Pathogenesis of tendinopathies: inflammation or degeneration?Michele Abate
Postgraduate School of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara, 66013 Chieti Scalo, CH, Italy
Arthritis Res Ther 11:235. 2009..It is conceivable that inflammation and degeneration are not mutually exclusive, but work together in the pathogenesis of tendinopathies...
- The Achilles tendon Total Rupture Score (ATRS): development and validationKatarina Nilsson-Helander
Lundberg Laboratory for Orthopaedic Research, Department of Orthopaedics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, Sweden
Am J Sports Med 35:421-6. 2007..There is a need for a patient-relevant instrument to evaluate outcome after treatment in patients with a total Achilles tendon rupture...