Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Percutaneous absorption of the sunscreen benzophenone-3 after repeated whole-body applications, with and without ultraviolet irradiationH Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gröna Stråket 16, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 154:337-40. 2006..BZ-3 penetrates the skin and can be found in the urine. The amount varies between 0.4% and 2%. This seems to be the main metabolic pathway in rats...
- Photostability of commercial sunscreens upon sun exposure and irradiation by ultraviolet lampsHelena Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Dermatol 7:1. 2007..Our aim was to investigate the photostability of seven commercial sunscreen products after natural UV exposure (UVnat) and artificial UV exposure (UVart)...
- Percutaneous absorption with emphasis on sunscreensHelena Gonzalez
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Sahlgrenska, Gothenburg, Sweden
Photochem Photobiol Sci 9:482-8. 2010..Percutaneous absorption is an important factor to take into consideration. There are several methods to measure the percutaneous absorption, both in vivo and/or in vitro. This paper will give an overview of the different methods...
- Predictors of pain associated with photodynamic therapy: a retrospective study of 658 treatmentsChristina B Halldin
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 91:545-51. 2011..Nevertheless, there is a large variance in visual analogue scale assessment within each group, thereby limiting the ability to predict pain...
- Nerve blocks enable adequate pain relief during topical photodynamic therapy of field cancerization on the forehead and scalpC B Halldin
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Br J Dermatol 160:795-800. 2009..The major side-effect of PDT is the pain experienced during treatment...
- Patients' experiences of pain and pain relief during photodynamic therapy on actinic keratoses: an interview studyChristina B Halldin
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 93:433-7. 2013..This study adds a patient perspective highlight-ing patients' own voices as a qualitative complement to statistical analysis using the visual analogue scale. ..
- Incidence of cutaneous melanoma in Western Sweden, 1970-2007Magdalena Claeson
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg, Sweden
Melanoma Res 22:392-8. 2012..The alarming increase in the incidence of CMM in Western Sweden, during the period 1970-2007, shows the need for additional primary preventive measures, for example sun protection programs targeted at populations in this area...