Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Growth hormone treatment reduces abdominal visceral fat in postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity: a 12-month placebo-controlled trialCelina Franco
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Grona Straket 8, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:1466-74. 2005..The improvement in insulin sensitivity was associated with reduced hepatic fat content...
- Thigh intermuscular fat is inversely associated with spontaneous GH release in post-menopausal women with abdominal obesityCelina Franco
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 155:261-8. 2006..The metabolic syndrome is characterized by an increased accumulation of visceral adipose tissue (VAT) and blunted GH secretion. There are, however, no data on the association between GH secretion and other fat depots (in liver and muscle)...
- Growth hormone reduces inflammation in postmenopausal women with abdominal obesity: a 12-month, randomized, placebo-controlled trialCelina Franco
Department of Endocrinology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2644-7. 2007..Abdominal obesity is associated with low GH secretion, elevated circulating markers of inflammation, and increased risk of cardiovascular disease...
- The reduction in visceral fat mass in response to growth hormone is more marked in men than in oestrogen-deficient womenCelina Franco
Department of Endocrinology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Grona Straket 8, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Growth Horm IGF Res 19:112-20. 2009..Women with severe growth hormone (GH) deficiency have a less marked response to GH replacement than men. This has mostly been attributed to the attenuating effects of oestrogen replacement therapy...
- Increased neck soft tissue mass and worsening of obstructive sleep apnea after growth hormone treatment in men with abdominal obesityMahssa Karimi
Sleep Laboratory, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Sleep Med 6:256-63. 2010..OSA is associated with both growth hormone (GH) excess and severe GH deficiency in adults. Adults with abdominal obesity have markedly suppressed GH secretion...
- Effects of 3-year GH replacement therapy on bone mineral density in younger and elderly adults with adult-onset GH deficiencyMariam Elbornsson
Department of Endocrinology, Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Grona Straket 8, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 166:181-9. 2012..5 (S.E.M. 1.1) years. All patients had adult-onset disease and both groups were comparable in terms of number of anterior pituitary hormonal deficiencies, gender, body mass index, and waist:hip ratio...
- Baseline characteristics and effects of growth hormone therapy over two years in younger and elderly adults with adult onset GH deficiencyCelina Franco
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4408-14. 2006..The effects of GH replacement in elderly GH-deficient (GHD) adults are not well known...
- Medical observation, compared with parathyroidectomy, for asymptomatic primary hyperparathyroidism: a prospective, randomized trialJens Bollerslev
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Rikshospitalet Radiumhospitalet Medical Center, National University Hospital, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1687-92. 2007..The clinical presentation of primary hyperparathyroidism (pHPT) has changed during the last half century, and the diagnosis is now more often made by chance in patients with no specific symptoms...