Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Reduction of the HIV-1 reservoir in resting CD4+ T-lymphocytes by high dosage intravenous immunoglobulin treatment: a proof-of-concept studyAnnica Lindkvist
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
AIDS Res Ther 6:15. 2009..We propose that IVIG should be further evaluated as an adjuvant to effective ART...
- Differential effects of efavirenz, lopinavir/r, and atazanavir/r on the initial viral decay rate in treatment naïve HIV-1-infected patientsArvid Edén
Department of Infectious Diseases, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:533-40. 2010..EFV-based treatment gave a more rapid decline in HIV-1 RNA than did either of the boosted protease inhibitor-based regimens. The observed differences may reflect different inherent regimen potencies...
- HIV-1 viral escape in cerebrospinal fluid of subjects on suppressive antiretroviral treatmentArvid Edén
Department of Infectious Diseases, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Sweden
J Infect Dis 202:1819-25. 2010..We investigated CSF viral escape in subjects treated with commonly used antiretroviral therapy regimens in relation to intrathecal immune activation and central nervous system penetration effectiveness (CPE) rank...
- Immune activation of the central nervous system is still present after >4 years of effective highly active antiretroviral therapyArvid Edén
Department of Infectious Diseases, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Infect Dis 196:1779-83. 2007..5 years, a substantial proportion of patients continue to show signs of macrophage/microglia activation and intrathecal immunoglobulin production in the CNS...
- Rebound of residual plasma viremia after initial decrease following addition of intravenous immunoglobulin to effective antiretroviral treatment of HIVTomas Mellberg
Department of Infectious Diseases, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
AIDS Res Ther 8:21. 2011..abstract:..