Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Asperger syndrome and autism: a comparative longitudinal follow-up study more than 5 years after original diagnosisMats Cederlund
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Kungsgatan 12, 411 19, and Queen Silviás and Adolescent Hospital, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 38:72-85. 2008..Outcome in the autism group was significantly worse. Males with AS had worse outcomes than expected given normal to high IQ. However, outcome was considerably better than for the comparison group of individuals with autism...
- One hundred males with Asperger syndrome: a clinical study of background and associated factorsMats Cederlund
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Queen Silvia s Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 46:652-60. 2004..Non-verbal learning disability test results applied in about half the group. There was a subgroup of individuals with AS who had macrocephalus. However, there was no support for an association of AS with low body mass index...
- Asperger syndrome: familial and pre- and perinatal factorsChristopher Gillberg
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Goteborg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 35:159-66. 2005..Study familial and pre- and perinatal factors in Asperger Syndrome (AS)...
- Brief report: "the autism epidemic". The registered prevalence of autism in a Swedish urban areaChristopher Gillberg
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 36:429-35. 2006..There was an increase in the rate of diagnosed registered ASD over time; the cause was not determined. The increase tended to level off in the younger age cohort, perhaps due to Asperger syndrome cases missed in screening...
- Asperger syndrome in adolescent and young adult males. Interview, self- and parent assessment of social, emotional, and cognitive problemsMats Cederlund
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Goteborg University, Kungsgatan 12, Goteborg, Sweden
Res Dev Disabil 31:287-98. 2010....
- The prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in toddlers: a population study of 2-year-old Swedish childrenGudrun Nygren
Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Kungsgatan 12, 411 19 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1491-7. 2012..80%. Corresponding rates for 2-year-olds referred to the center in 2000 and 2005 (when no population screening occurred) were 0.18 and 0.04%. Results suggest that early screening contributes to a large increase in diagnosed ASD cases...
- Open-label trial of atomoxetine hydrochloride in adults with ADHDMats Johnson
Goteborg University, Sweden
J Atten Disord 13:539-45. 2010..While atomoxetine is an established treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children, few studies have examined its efficacy for adults...