Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Nasal symptoms and indices of nasal inflammation in flour-dust-exposed bakersJ Brisman
Department of Occupational Medicine, Goteborg University, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 71:525-32. 1998..To analyze whether indices of nasal airway inflammation in bakers were related to nasal symptoms and exposure to airborne flour dust...
- Exposure-response relations for work related respiratory symptoms and sensitisation in a cohort exposed to alpha-amylaseJ Brisman
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Imperial College NHLI, London SW3 6LR, UK
Occup Environ Med 61:551-3. 2004..To explore relations between exposure to fungal alpha-amylase and the risk of new work related respiratory symptoms or sensitisation...
- The incidence of respiratory symptoms in female Swedish hairdressersJonas Brisman
Institute of Internal Medicine, Section of Occupational Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Ind Med 44:673-8. 2003..Airway diseases in hairdressers are a concern. The objective of this investigation is to evaluate the risk for three respiratory symptoms, wheeze, dry cough, and nasal blockage, in hairdressers...
- Sensitisation to occupational allergens in bakers' asthma and rhinitis: a case-referent studyJonas Brisman
Occupational Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S t Sigfridsgatan 85, 412 66 Gothenburg, Sweden
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 76:167-70. 2003..To study the importance of sensitisation to occupational allergens for the occurrence of asthma and rhinitis in bakers...
- Baker's asthmaJonas Brisman
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 59:498-502; quiz 502, 426. 2002
- Exposure-response relations for self reported asthma and rhinitis in bakersJ Brisman
Occupational Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 57:335-40. 2000..To explore relations between two estimates of exposure to inhalable flour dust, and the incidence rates (IRs) of asthma and rhinitis in bakers...
- Occurrence of self reported hand eczema in Swedish bakersJ Brisman
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Goteborg University, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 55:750-4. 1998..To estimate the risk of bakers developing hand eczema. The importance of atopy was studied as well as change of job due to hand eczema...
- Nasal symptoms are associated with school performance in adolescentsRosita Sundberg
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Allergology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Adolesc Health 40:581-3. 2007..In a study of 9538 adolescents, nasal symptoms severe enough to affect daily activity were associated with low-grade sum, particularly in adolescents using anti-allergy medication...
- Respiratory health among bleachery workers exposed to ozone and chlorine dioxideAnna Carin Olin
Section of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Work Environ Health 28:117-23. 2002..The pulp mills had previously used chlorine dioxide as the bleaching agent. Testings included spirometry, methacholine challenge testing, and questionnaires. Area samplings showed sporadic ozone levels exceeding 0.9 ppm...
- Validity of a questionnaire-based diagnosis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a general population-based studyNicola Murgia
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, University of Goteborg, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Pulm Med 14:49. 2014..The aim of this study is to assess the diagnostic accuracy of questionnaire answers to detect COPD...
- Incidence of hand eczema in female Swedish hairdressersMarie Louise Lind
Occupational and Environmental Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Occup Environ Med 64:191-5. 2007..To estimate the occurrence of hand eczema in hairdressers in Sweden...
- [COPD also an occupational disease]Kjell Toren
Arbets och miljömedicin samt Lungmedicin och allergologi
Lakartidningen 104:3656-8. 2007
- Occupational skin exposure and hand eczema among dental technicians-need for improved preventionBirgitta Meding
Occupational Dermatology, National Institute for Working Life, SE 113 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Scand J Work Environ Health 32:219-24. 2006..The aims of this study were to estimate occupational skin exposure, the use of skin protection, and the incidence of hand eczema among dental technicians...
- Management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in primary care: a questionnaire survey in western SwedenJörgen Thorn
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine Primary Health Care, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Sweden
Prim Care Respir J 17:26-31. 2008..To assess the primary care management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) in relation to COPD guidelines...