Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Secular trends in lipid-lowering treatment and lipid levels after a first acute myocardial infarctionLena Björck
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, Goteborg, Sweden
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:1045-51. 2007..However, to what extent this translates into serum cholesterol levels in a real-life setting has not been systematically investigated...
- Modelling the decreasing coronary heart disease mortality in Sweden between 1986 and 2002Lena Björck
Department of Emergency and Cardiovascular Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Eur Heart J 30:1046-56. 2009....
- Smoking in relation to ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction: findings from the Register of Information and Knowledge about Swedish Heart Intensive Care AdmissionsL Bjorck
Department of Emergency and Cardiovascular Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Heart 95:1006-11. 2009..However, changes in risk factors have also been documented, especially lower tobacco-smoking rates. Therefore, the relation between smoking and ST-elevation AMI in a large observational cohort was analysed...
- Interaction of apolipoprotein E genotype with smoking and physical inactivity on coronary heart disease risk in men and womenJaana Gustavsson
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 220:486-92. 2012..However, these associations may be modified by lifestyle factors. Therefore, we studied whether smoking, physical inactivity or overweight interact with APOE on cholesterol levels and CHD risk...
- Medication in relation to ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction in patients with a first myocardial infarction: Swedish Register of Information and Knowledge About Swedish Heart Intensive Care Admissions (RIKS-HIA)Lena Björck
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Ostra, SE 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
Arch Intern Med 170:1375-81. 2010....
- Self-reported leisure time physical activity: a useful assessment tool in everyday health careLars Rödjer
Department of Emergency and Cardiovascular Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Public Health 12:693. 2012....
- Symptoms of a first acute myocardial infarction in women and menJohanna Berg
Department of Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Ostra, Gothenburg, Sweden
Gend Med 6:454-62. 2009..Many studies have compared women and men for symptoms of acute myocardial infarction (AMI), but findings have been inconsistent, largely because of varying inclusion criteria, different study populations, and different methods...
- High-normal blood pressure and long-term risk of type 2 diabetes: 35-year prospective population based cohort study of menChristina Hedén Stahl
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg SE 416 85, Sweden
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:89. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate whether hypertension, including mildly elevated blood pressure within the normal range, predicted subsequent development of type 2 diabetes in men over an extended follow-up of 35 years...