Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Aspects of quality of life in adults diagnosed with autism in childhood: a population-based studyEva Billstedt
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Autism 15:7-20. 2011..Future studies need to look in more depth at the concept of an autism-friendly environment and develop more detailed quality of life assessment tools relevant for people in the autism spectrum...
- Autism in adults: symptom patterns and early childhood predictors. Use of the DISCO in a community sample followed from childhoodEva Billstedt
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Goteborg University, Sweden
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:1102-10. 2007..Few studies have looked at the very long-term outcome of individuals with autism who were diagnosed in childhood...
- Autism spectrum disorder and underlying brain mechanism in the oculoauriculovertebral spectrumMaria Johansson
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:280-8. 2007..Results indicate that at least a subgroup of ASD may be associated with errors in early embryonic brain development. Awareness of the coexistence of OAV/ASD is important in habilitation care of individuals with OAV...
- Asperger syndrome and autism: a comparative longitudinal follow-up study more than 5 years after original diagnosisMats Cederlund
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Kungsgatan 12, 411 19, and Queen Silviás and Adolescent Hospital, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 38:72-85. 2008..Outcome in the autism group was significantly worse. Males with AS had worse outcomes than expected given normal to high IQ. However, outcome was considerably better than for the comparison group of individuals with autism...
- Autism, processing speed, and adaptive functioning in preschool childrenAsa Hedvall
Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Kungsgatan 12, 41119 Gothenburg, Sweden
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:158263. 2013..To study cognitive test profiles with a focus on processing speed in a representative group of preschool children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and relate processing speed to adaptive functioning...
- Attention, executive functions, and mentalizing in anorexia nervosa eighteen years after onset of eating disorderI Carina Gillberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 32:358-65. 2010..Prospective study of attention, executive functions, and mentalizing abilities in a representative sample of teenage-onset anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Mortality in autism: a prospective longitudinal community-based studyChristopher Gillberg
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Queen Silvia s Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Gothenburg University, Kungsgatan 12, 411 18, Goteborg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 40:352-7. 2010..Associated medical disorders (including epilepsy with cognitive impairment) and accidents accounted for most of the deaths, and it was not possible to determine whether autism "per se" actually carries an increased mortality risk...
- The Swedish version of the Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (DISCO-10). Psychometric propertiesGudrun Nygren
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 39:730-41. 2009..The DISCO-10 has good psychometric properties. Advantages over the ADI-R include valuable information of the broader autism phenotype and co-existing problems for clinical practice and research...
- CHARGE association in Sweden: malformations and functional deficitsKerstin Strömland
Department of Ophthalmology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Med Genet A 133:331-9. 2005..A multidisciplinary approach is essential in the assessment and management of CA...
- Oculo-auriculo-vertebral spectrum: associated anomalies, functional deficits and possible developmental risk factorsKerstin Strömland
Department of Ophthalmology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Am J Med Genet A 143:1317-25. 2007..Three children were born following assisted fertilization (two intracytoplasmatic sperm injection, one in vitro fertilization), two mothers reported early bleedings, and six (33%) mothers had smoked during pregnancy...
- Epilepsy in young adults with autism: a prospective population-based follow-up study of 120 individuals diagnosed in childhoodSusanna Danielsson
Department of Pediatrics, Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Epilepsia 46:918-23. 2005....
- Personality in women and associations with mortality: a 40-year follow-up in the Population Study of Women in GothenburgMalin Andre
Department of Primary Health Care, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Box 454, S 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Womens Health 14:61. 2014..The question of whether personality traits influence health has long been a focus for research and discussion. Therefore, this study was undertaken to examine possible associations between personality traits and mortality in women...
- Neuroticism and extroversion in suicide attempters aged 75 and above and a general population comparison groupStefan Wiktorsson
Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Aging Ment Health 17:479-88. 2013..The finding that attempters with minor depression were less neurotic than comparison subjects with this diagnosis was unexpected and needs to be examined in larger samples...
- Autism in the Faroe Islands: an epidemiological studyAsa Ellefsen
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Goteborg University, Avdelningen för barn och ungdomspsykiatri, Kungsgatan 12, 411 69, Goteborg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 37:437-44. 2007..56% had childhood autism, Asperger syndrome or atypical autism. The male:female ratio was just under 6:1. The prevalence of autism in the Faroe Islands was very similar to that reported from many western countries...
- An interview study of young adults born to mothers with mild intellectual disabilityIda Lindblad
University of Gothenburg, Sweden and Skaraborg s Hospital, Sweden
J Intellect Disabil 17:329-38. 2013..In conclusion, this study adds to other reports that children of mothers with ID constitute an extremely vulnerable group. Therefore, these families need full and continuous attention from the supportive systems in society. ..
- Autism spectrum disorders and underlying brain pathology in CHARGE associationMaria Johansson
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Goteborg University, Sweden
Dev Med Child Neurol 48:40-50. 2006..Awareness of the coexistence of CHARGE and ASDs is important in habilitation care in CHARGE. Moreover, the results indicate that a subgroup of ASDs may be associated with errors in early embryonic brain development...
- Autism after adolescence: population-based 13- to 22-year follow-up study of 120 individuals with autism diagnosed in childhoodEva Billstedt
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Queen Silvia s Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Goteborg, Sweden
J Autism Dev Disord 35:351-60. 2005..Prospective population-based follow-up study of 120 individuals with autism followed from childhood to adulthood...