Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Tobacco smoking and long-lasting symptoms from the bowel and the anal-sphincter region after radiotherapy for prostate cancerDavid Alsadius
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 101:495-501. 2011..Tobacco smoking can cause vascular injury, tissue hypoxia and fibrosis as can ionizing radiation. However, we do not know if tobacco smoking increases the risk of long-term side effects after radiotherapy for prostate cancer...
- Mean absorbed dose to the anal-sphincter region and fecal leakage among irradiated prostate cancer survivorsDavid Alsadius
Division of Clinical Cancer Epidemiology, Department of Oncology, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:e181-5. 2012..We also wanted to determine whether anatomically defining the anal-sphincter region as the organ at risk could increase the degree of evidence underlying clinical guidelines for restriction doses to eliminate this excess risk...
- Risk factors of developing long-lasting breast pain after breast cancer radiotherapyDan Lundstedt
Division of Clinical Cancer Epidemiology, Department of Oncology, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:71-8. 2012..However, studies have revealed a long-lasting breast pain among some women after radiotherapy. The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors that contribute to breast pain after breast cancer radiotherapy...
- Urethral pain among prostate cancer survivors 1 to 14 years after radiation therapyNiclas Pettersson
Department of Physics and Biomedical Engineering, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, and Department of Oncology, Institute of Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Goteborg, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 85:e29-37. 2013..To investigate how treatment-related and non-treatment-related factors impact urethral pain among long-term prostate cancer survivors...
- Long-term symptoms after radiotherapy of supraclavicular lymph nodes in breast cancer patientsDan Lundstedt
Department of Oncology, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 103:155-60. 2012..We report long-term symptoms after modern radiotherapy (based on 3D dose planning) in breast cancer patients with or without irradiation of the supraclavicular lymph nodes...
- Symptoms 10-17 years after breast cancer radiotherapy data from the randomised SWEBCG91-RT trialDan Lundstedt
Department of Oncology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Radiother Oncol 97:281-7. 2010..Postoperative radiotherapy decreases the risk for local recurrence and improves overall survival in women with breast cancer. We have limited information on radiotherapy-induced symptoms 10-17 years after therapy...