Affiliation: Sahlgrenska University Hospital
- Multiple lymph node metastases in a boy with primary testicular carcinoid, despite negative preoperative imaging proceduresJonas Abrahamsson
Department of Pediatrics, Queen Silvias Children s Hospital, 416 85 Goteborg, Sweden
J Pediatr Surg 40:e19-21. 2005..Because carcinoids respond poorly to other treatment modalities, the importance of initial radical surgery including a meticulous examination of regional lymph nodes is emphasized...
- Comprehensive SNP array study of frequently used neuroblastoma cell lines; copy neutral loss of heterozygosity is common in the cell lines but uncommon in primary tumorsHanna Kryh
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Gothenburg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 12:443. 2011..These alterations is sometimes seen in tumors as a way to inactivate a tumor suppressor gene and have been found to be important in several types of cancer...
- High-resolution array copy number analyses for detection of deletion, gain, amplification and copy-neutral LOH in primary neuroblastoma tumors: four cases of homozygous deletions of the CDKN2A geneHelena Caren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Biomedicine, Goteborg University, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, SE 41345 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Genomics 9:353. 2008..We have used array-based copy number analysis using oligonucleotide single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) arrays to analyze the chromosomal structure of a large number of neuroblastoma tumors of different clinical and biological subsets...
- Response-guided induction therapy in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia with excellent remission rateJonas Abrahamsson
Institution of Clinical Sciences, Department of Pediatrics, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 41685 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Clin Oncol 29:310-5. 2011..To evaluate the early treatment response in children with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) using a response-guided induction strategy that includes idarubicin in the first course...
- Improved outcome after relapse in children with acute myeloid leukaemiaJonas Abrahamsson
Department of Clinical Sciences, Queen Silvia s Childrens Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Br J Haematol 136:229-236. 2007..A significant proportion of children with relapsed AML can be cured, even those with early relapse. Children who receive re-induction therapy, enter remission and proceed to SCT can achieve a cure rate of 60%...
- Presence of FLT3-ITD and high BAALC expression are independent prognostic markers in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaAnna Staffas
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Blood 118:5905-13. 2011....
- Multivariate analysis of the relation between immune dysfunction and treatment intensity in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaTorben Ek
Department of Paediatrics, Institution for Clinical Sciences, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Pediatr Blood Cancer 56:1078-87. 2011..This process is difficult to elucidate since variables are interrelated and require simultaneous evaluation, rendering conventional statistical methods inappropriate...
- Prognostic implications of mutations in NOTCH1 and FBXW7 in childhood T-ALL treated according to the NOPHO ALL-1992 and ALL-2000 protocolsLinda Fogelstrand
Department of Clinical Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, Institute of Biomedicine, Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:424-30. 2014..In order to improve survival, individualized treatment strategies and thus risk stratification algorithms are warranted, ideally already at the time of diagnosis...
- A glycosylation-dependent CD45RB epitope defines previously unacknowledged CD27⁻IgM(high) B cell subpopulations enriched in young children and after hematopoietic stem cell transplantationMats Bemark
Mucosal Immunobiology and Vaccine Center MIVAC, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden Department of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden Electronic address
Clin Immunol 149:421-31. 2013..Thus, we define several novel human CD27(-)IgM(high) B cell subpopulations in blood, all of which are present in higher frequencies and numbers in young children and after HSCT than in adults. ..
- Ara-C fever and infections after high-dose ara-C treatment in pediatric lymphoid malignanciesTorben Ek
Department of Pediatrics, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:364-9. 2005....
- Liver transplantation after stem cell transplantation with the same living donor in a monozygotic twin with acute myeloid leukemiaKarin Mellgren
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Immunology, The Queen Silvia Children s Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Ann Hematol 84:755-7. 2005..Minimal immunosuppression was required, and graft rejection did not occur. The patient was in complete remission 29 months after SCT and 25 months after liver transplantation...
- Intensive treatment for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia reduces immune responses to diphtheria, tetanus, and Haemophilus influenzae type bTorben Ek
Department of Pediatrics, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:727-34. 2004..The aims were to examine immunity and to compare the response to immunization at 1 or 6 months after treatment...
- Treatment stratification based on initial in vivo response in acute myeloid leukaemia in children without Down's syndrome: results of NOPHO-AML trialsSverre O Lie
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
Br J Haematol 122:217-25. 2003..The overall outcome was improved by employing the previous toxic protocol with different timings, and through individualizing therapy according to the initial response of the patient...
- Optimal treatment intensity in children with Down syndrome and myeloid leukaemia: data from 56 children treated on NOPHO-AML protocols and a review of the literatureLotte Abildgaard
Department of Paediatrics, Skejby Hospital, 8200, Aarhus N, Denmark
Ann Hematol 85:275-80. 2006..Further studies are needed to define the optimal regimen for treating myeloid leukaemia of DS...
- Acute leukaemia in children with Down syndrome: a population-based Nordic studyBernward Zeller
Department of Paediatrics, National Hospital of Norway, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Br J Haematol 128:797-804. 2005..The high proportion of female DS patients with AML is unexplained. The differing treatment results in AML versus ALL need further evaluation and represent a challenge for the coming years...
- The paediatric cytarabine syndrome can be viewed as a drug-induced cytokine release syndromeTorben Ek
Br J Haematol 124:691. 2004
- Pathways through relapses and deaths of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: role of allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in Nordic dataUlla M Saarinen-Pihkala
Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Oncol 24:5750-62. 2006..Our focus was on patients with pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) who experienced relapse or died without becoming transplantation candidates. The purpose was to outline measures needed to improve the outcome...