- Concurrent genotyping of Helicobacter pylori virulence genes and human cytokine SNP sites using whole genome amplified DNA derived from minute amounts of gastric biopsy specimen DNAAnna Ryberg
Division of Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Microbiol 8:175. 2008..Subsequently, MDA-DNA was used for concurrent Helicobacter pylori and human host cellular DNA genotyping analysis using PCR-based methods...
- Association between cagA and vacA genotypes and pathogenesis in a Helicobacter pylori infected population from South-eastern SwedenAnneli Karlsson
Division of Surgery, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, S 581 85, Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Microbiol 12:129. 2012..pylori). Two major virulence factors of H. pylori, CagA and VacA, have been associated with these sequelae of the infection. In this study, total DNA was isolated from gastric biopsy specimens to assess the cagA and vacA genotypes...
- Variation in number of cagA EPIYA-C phosphorylation motifs between cultured Helicobacter pylori and biopsy strain DNAAnneli Karlsson
Division of Surgery, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, County Council of Ostergotland, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Infect Genet Evol 12:175-9. 2012..pylori introduces a bias in the number of EPIYA-C motif. Consistent with other H. pylori virulence genotyping studies, we suggest that cagA EPIYA analysis should be performed using total DNA isolated from biopsy specimens...
- Assessment of the mosaic structure in the Helicobacter pylori cagA gene 3'-region using an improved polymerase chain reaction-based assayHans Jurg Monstein
Division of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Department of Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, County Council of Ostergotland, Linkoping, Sweden
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 73:281-3. 2012..An improved polymerase chain reaction assay allowed for a rapid and detailed molecular analysis of the cagA gene 3'-region in a single amplification step, followed by amplicon sequencing using universal M13 and T7 sequencing primers...
- Comparison of (GTG)5-oligonucleotide and ribosomal intergenic transcribed spacer (ITS)-PCR for molecular typing of Klebsiella isolatesAnna Ryberg
Division of Clinical Microbiology, University Hospital Linkoping, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
J Microbiol Methods 84:183-8. 2011..We conclude that (GTG)(5) and ITS-PCR analysis combined with automated capillary electrophoresis provides promising tools for molecular typing of Klebsiella isolates...
- Application of PCR amplicon sequencing using a single primer pair in PCR amplification to assess variations in Helicobacter pylori CagA EPIYA tyrosine phosphorylation motifsHans Jurg Monstein
Clinical Microbiology, Molecular Biology Laboratory, University Hospital, S 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
BMC Res Notes 3:35. 2010..abstract:..
- Multiple strand displacement amplification of DNA isolated from human archival plasma/serum: identification of cytokine polymorphism by pyrosequencing analysisYi Qian Sun
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, University Hospital of Linkoping, Sweden
Clin Chim Acta 377:108-13. 2007..Our aim was to investigate if the isolated genomic DNA from archival plasma/serum, combined with multiple strand displacement amplification (MDA) can be used for genotyping...