- Mortality and causes of death in schizophrenia in Stockholm county, SwedenU Osby
Department of Psychiatry, Löwenströmska Hospital, Upplands Vasby, Sweden
Schizophr Res 45:21-8. 2000..7 for males and 19.7 for females, and in unspecified violence with 11.7 for males and 9.9 for females. SMRs in suicide were especially high in young patients in the first year after the first diagnosis...
- Time trends in first admissions for schizophrenia and paranoid psychosis in Stockholm County, SwedenU Osby
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Schizophr Res 47:247-54. 2001....
- Excess mortality in bipolar and unipolar disorder in SwedenU Osby
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska sjukhuset S4, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Arch Gen Psychiatry 58:844-50. 2001..However, there has been no population-based study of mortality of patients followed up from the onset of the illness...
- Antidepressant medication prevents suicide in depressionG Isacsson
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Psychiatr Scand 122:454-60. 2010..Ecological studies have demonstrated a substantial decrease in suicide in parallel with an increasing use of antidepressants. To investigate on the individual level the hypothesis that antidepressant medication was a causal factor...
- Genes and alcoholU Osby
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet at Karolinska University Hospital, L8 01, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Psychiatry 25:281-3. 2010..An emerging concern is potential gender differences as women, who are generally more sensitive, acquire male drinking habits...
- Stability of performance on neuropsychological tests in patients with schizophreniaB Rosmark
Department of Psychiatry, , , Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 249:299-304. 1999..However, the possibility to generalize the findings is reduced as a consequence of the low number of patients in the study...