Affiliation: Orebro University
- Why do some individuals develop social phobia? A review with emphasis on the neurobiological influencesMaria Tillfors
Department of Behavioral, Social and Legal Sciences, Orebro University, SE 70182 Orebro, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 58:267-76. 2004..Further, both family and twin studies support a hereditary contribution to social phobia resulting from genetic and environmental factors, which most likely operate in an interactive way rather than acting in isolation...
- Cerebral blood flow during anticipation of public speaking in social phobia: a PET studyMaria Tillfors
Department of Social Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 52:1113-9. 2002..To evaluate anticipatory anxiety we compared individuals speaking alone before they were speaking in front of an audience with those who did the reverse...
- Relationships between social anxiety, depressive symptoms, and antisocial behaviors: evidence from a prospective study of adolescent boysMaria Tillfors
Department of Behavioral, Social and Legal Sciences, Orebro University, SE 701 82 Orebro, Sweden
J Anxiety Disord 23:718-24. 2009..Our findings suggest that developmental pathways for SAD subgroups may differ...
- Treating university students with social phobia and public speaking fears: Internet delivered self-help with or without live group exposure sessionsMaria Tillfors
Department of Behavioural, Social and Legal Sciences, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Depress Anxiety 25:708-17. 2008..The main objective was to test if the Internet-based self-help program would be more effective if five live group exposure sessions were added...
- Social phobia and avoidant personality disorder: one spectrum disorder?Maria Tillfors
Department of Social Sciences, Orebro University, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 58:147-52. 2004....
- Social phobia in Swedish university students: prevalence, subgroups and avoidant behaviorMaria Tillfors
Dept of Behavioral, Social and Legal Sciences, Orebro University, 701 82, Orebro, Sweden
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 42:79-86. 2007..The present study examined the prevalence of social phobia and its subgroups in a university student population. Demographic characteristics and avoidant behavior in educational settings were also examined...
- Social phobia and avoidant personality disorder: are they separate diagnostic entities or do they reflect a spectrum of social anxiety?Maria Tillfors
School of Law, Psychology and Social Work, Orebro University, Orebro, Sweden
Isr J Psychiatry Relat Sci 46:25-33. 2009..To conclude, the studies summarized provide support for the view that social phobia and avoidant personality disorder are more than arbitrary cutoffs along a continuum of social anxiety...
- Prospective links between social anxiety and adolescent peer relationsMaria Tillfors
School of Law, Psychology and Social Work, Orebro University, SE 701 82 Orebro, Sweden
J Adolesc 35:1255-63. 2012..Importantly, developmental pathways for social anxiety seem to differ for adolescent females and males...
- Serotonin transporter polymorphism related to amygdala excitability and symptom severity in patients with social phobiaTomas Furmark
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 362:189-92. 2004..Thus, 5-HTT genetic variation was associated with symptom severity and amygdala excitability in social phobia...
- Personality dimensions measured by the Temperament and Character Inventory (TCI) in subjects with social phobiaIna Marteinsdottir
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatry, Uppsala University, Sweden
Nord J Psychiatry 57:29-35. 2003..Enhanced Harm avoidance was the most prominent personality trait. The observed deviations in TCI dimensions were primarily related to the social phobia itself and not to the presence of concurrent personality disorders...
- Common changes in cerebral blood flow in patients with social phobia treated with citalopram or cognitive-behavioral therapyTomas Furmark
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Box 1225, SE 751 42 Uppsala, Sweden
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:425-33. 2002..Neurofunctional changes underlying effective antianxiety treatments are incompletely characterized. This study explored the effects of citalopram and cognitive-behavioral therapy on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF) in social phobia...